[Plugin] CA Cleanup Appdata

Squid

3 hours ago, gxs said:

There are no errors. It's working fine.

The text could be somewhat smaller but I guess that it's for people that ignore the big yellow sign up top. Although come to think of it if they ignore the yellow sign even a big allcaps words won't discourage them. :)

We know the reader, not just you. Only it is unclear what it is that helps to state that the author does not take responsibility

• 1 year later...
6 minutes ago, Squid said:

rm -rf

Ok, I think I found the problem. I don't know why, but it seems I used in the past as container path a sub-folder inside of my plex docker container. Luckily it did not delete anything ^^

After deleting "UpdateTool" in Apps > Previous Apps, the entry disappeared.

What do you think about using the -v flag and put the results into the system logs?

• 7 months later...

I recently cleared my appdata folder from docker folders I no longer needed and after I noticed than all my dockers had their templates removed. Docker icons weren't loading and I couldn't edit any of them. Lucky I had just made a backup of my flashdrive. Is this plugging suppose to clear unraid usb/config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user/ folder completely? As far as I know it didn't do this before.

Running unraid 6.9.2 and plugin version is 2021.03.10.

Edited by Nevis

Sorry, you are indeed correct. Tested it and I can't reproduce it. I just can't think of any other reason than it could happen. I have someone managed to clear my templates-user folder twice now. Both times it happened when I removed some dockers that I didn't need and cleaned appdata from unnecessary folders using this plugin. Both times I noticed it after running the pluggin but something else must have done it right before. But no idea what since nothing I did should effect the template folder. Oh well this is wrong thread to start troubleshooting that anyway.

Without you actually going into the flash share and deleting them yourself, there's only 2 ways via the WebGUI to delete the templates

• Via CA, previous Apps and clicking the "X" on the card or selecting a bunch of templates and then clicking the "X" on the top right.  Both times a popup asks are you sure.
  • Via Add Container screen, selecting the template from the drop down and then clicking the "X" next to it after selecting.  No clue if that brings up a confirmation or not, as I never use Add Container.
  • 2 months later...

Hi

strange thing in my setup, didn't find the answer by searching

The plugin used to work, but now (don't know since when - maybe 6.10RC2?)

it doesn't show anything after uninstalling a docker

always get "No orphaned appdata folders found" and have to manually delete the folder from appdata

any idea?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I checked for more details, I seems not working when path is a sub path of an always used path. I.e: /mnt/user/appdata/swag is used by swag, but the plugin offers me to delete /mnt/user/appdata/swag/log/nginx/ that was used by goaccess (that I deleted because it's now integrated as swag dashboard)

Edit : when I say "used" it's that the path is in the template and so subpath is not referenced in the template, but it's used 

Edited by dada051
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/28/2022 at 4:17 AM, dada051 said:

I checked for more details, I seems not working when path is a sub path of an always used path. I.e: /mnt/user/appdata/swag is used by swag, but the plugin offers me to delete /mnt/user/appdata/swag/log/nginx/ that was used by goaccess (that I deleted because it's now integrated as swag dashboard)

Edit : when I say "used" it's that the path is in the template and so subpath is not referenced in the template, but it's used 

Sorry for the late addition but I wanted to address a post ^ that had an issue exactly like mine. I came looking for a solution but then had an epiphany.. what I did to fix that was "reinstall goaccess from previous apps" and point Host Path 2 somewhere else like /opt/log and then apply, remove docker and image, then it disappeared from my orphaned appdata. Profit!

Edited by Mr. Notepad
  • 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...

So I installed a docker that had a overlapping directory.  I removed the docker that overlapped but still have a listing in Appdata cleanup that I cant remove.  Any idea? The directory is /mnt/user/appdata/data 

Solved:  I removed the docker from Previous apps and it did the trick.

Edited by Gragorg