[Plugin] CA Docker Autostart Manager - Deprecated

Squid

Never noticed this in your sig until just a few minutes ago...  NOTE TO SELF: Pay more attention to Squid's .sig...

Installed, configured, browsed to another page, came back, no settings save. Noticed the "Apply" button. :(

Reconfigured, clicked "Apply", I get this message:

file_get_contents(/var/lib/docker/unraid-autostart): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/ca.docker.autostart/include/exec.php on line 234

Anything to worry about?

Also, if I have a docker set to not autostart and I don't move it to CADAM, does that mean it will continue to not autostart? Just checking because I have a couple installed that I don't use very often, but want them there when I need 'em.

Edited by FreeMan
3 minutes ago, FreeMan said:

Reconfigured, clicked "Apply", I get this message:

It means that you've never had any containers set to autostart via unRaid.  You shouldn't see that though - minor issue.  Will update

4 minutes ago, FreeMan said:

Also, if I have a docker set to not autostart and I don't move it to CADAM, does that mean it will continue to not autostart?

Correct

• 4 weeks later...

I shut down all dockers to get a good, clean backup in preparation for the upgrade to 6.4. As it was wrapping up, it occurred to me - it would be great if there was a "Start 'em now!" option that would run through the start up order with delays as I've defined it.

it would be nice

A) As a test for those who don't shut their machines down very often, and

B) When you've shut down all dockers for one reason or another, and want to bring them back up in a controlled fashion.

Just a thought... Continue providing your excellent 6.4 upgrade support before you get around to thinking about this, though. ;)

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, FreeMan said:

it would be great if there was a "Start 'em now!" option that would run through the start up order with delays as I've defined it.

I've wanted that option a few times. You can accomplish it other ways, but it would be nice to have a "Make it so" button on that same page, preferably that would act on only the dockers managed by the plugin.

2 minutes ago, jonathanm said:

I've wanted that option a few times. You can accomplish it other ways, but it would be nice to have a "Make it so" button on that same page, preferably that would act on only the dockers managed by the plugin.

Relatively painless.

How I would program it would be as something like "Try It Now".

1. Stop all running containers
  2. Start all unRaid managed containers
  3. Execute the script to start with the delays, etc.

In my mind, you've got to stop everything and then run through the actual startup order for everything to see how it all supposedly works.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Squid said:

In my mind, you've got to stop everything and then run through the actual startup order for everything to see how it all supposedly works.

Yes, but perhaps with a notation that starting from an already running array may have different results than a cold start.

The only way to recreate a cold start is doing it, so expecting identical results may give someone the wrong impression.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a weird issue where I can't select one particular docker but everything else is working fine.

Perhaps not coincidentally the docker that I cannot select is also the only one that I set a custom name for.  Does this plug validate a docker by checking its name against the CA apps?

25 minutes ago, born2hayt said:

I've got a weird issue where I can't select one particular docker but everything else is working fine.

Perhaps not coincidentally the docker that I cannot select is also the only one that I set a custom name for.  Does this plug validate a docker by checking its name against the CA apps?

I'll look into it.  Honestly I don't remember if I ever tried it.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, born2hayt said:

Works for me.  I downloaded Subsonic, called it Yellow Submarine, and I can select it, move it around, etc.

• 1 month later...

Hi, thanks for the plugin, I just installed this as I am having some issues with nodered startup, hoping a delay will help.

I have 2 nodered containers,
nodered
nodered.dev

I can only select the first of the two, I can select the rest OK, so seems it be the names are too similar, or the fact the icons are both the same?

Thanks,
Wob

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, Wob76 said:

Hi, thanks for the plugin, I just installed this as I am having some issues with nodered startup, hoping a delay will help.

I have 2 nodered containers,
nodered
nodered.dev

I can only select the first of the two, I can select the rest OK, so seems it be the names are too similar, or the fact the icons are both the same?

Thanks,
Wob

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

See if today's update fixes that for you

• 1 month later...

Hi,

you asked for diagnose log, here it is.

I think it startet 1.5 4:40 where all dockers just goin to disabled state. Was it because of parity check? (but i never notcied this)

unraid-server-diagnostics-20180502-1257.zip

I have this plugin currently not installed, because of 2 times where some or all docekrs were closed, which were running fine before i installed this plugin.

Edit:

I just let it autostart every docker, and let ip at 192.168.0.2 (if i remember correctly thats what it defaults to?) and no port given, at time i entered 1 for the first and then something like 10 for the next, the latest has something like 30 sec cooldown.

Edited by nuhll
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/20/2018 at 11:59 PM, Wob76 said:

Is anyone else finding the setting are not saving between reboots?

Each time I start up nothing is configured within this plugin.

Having a similar problem.  Every time i save the configuration and reload the page or navigate away and then back all my settings are missing.  I'm not receiving any errors when I save.

I have attached a diagnostic zip if it helps.

tower-diagnostics-20180702-1117.zip

Yep, make change, hit apply, get dialog confirming changes were saved.  Reload page and settings are gone.  I'm still on 6.3.3 with an update scheduled in the next couple days.  Ironically I was attempting to install this plugin to help manage startup of Dockers after the upgrade.

I will report back once I'm on 6.5.3 to see if that clears it up.

Just updated to 6.5.3 and settings are still not being saved.  I uninstalled and reinstalled after the update just to be certain.

/flash/config/plugins/ca.docker.autostart/settings.json

[
    {
        "name": "MongoDB",
        "delay": 5
    },
    {
        "name": "Rocket.Chat",
        "delay": " ",
        "port": "",
        "IP": false
    }
]

The value I entered for port was 27017 and the delay was 90.  Neither appears to have been saved.  Not sure what other troubleshooting steps need to be taken.

Thanks

1 hour ago, sansoo22 said:

Just updated to 6.5.3 and settings are still not being saved.  I uninstalled and reinstalled after the update just to be certain.

[
    {
    },
    {
    }
]

The value I entered for port was 27017 and the delay was 90.  Neither appears to have been saved.  Not sure what other troubleshooting steps need to be taken.

Thanks

Try it again and take a screen shot and the resulting settings.json file

On 7/8/2018 at 5:10 PM, sansoo22 said:

[
    {
    },
    {
    }
]

Thanks

I'll need to update the plugin in the next day or so to fix this.  In the meantime, you can rename the container to get rid of the period and it'll work.

Edited by Squid
  • 3 weeks later...

Admittedly I'm probably an oddball use case, but I have 2 unraid servers; one internal (focused on a household plex server and requisite automation ), and one external/ utility server (pihole, unifi, external plex server, etc.)  I have the pihole container on both, but only want one instance to be running at any one time so traffic isn't divided.  Why 2, so if I manually take down the external/utility server my clients will still have DNS.

So, my question is if it would be possible to have a listener on the server with the backup pihole container to listen for the 1st to go down, and then automatically start up if it missed a heartbeat.  Not an issue for manual maintenance, but more if there is an unexpected outage.  Basically, active/ passive fail over.  This plugin functions in the opposite fashion, but curious if it was possible.

Thanks in advance, and awesome plugin!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I have the unraid docker added to a docker swarm and for some reason this plugin (CA docker autostart) lists all versions of each container even after they are removed from the "normal" unraid docker ui (and also don't show up using 'docker ps' in the terminal). 

Any idea how to either manually remove them or what can be done to exclude them? 

Screenshot of of all my docker containers currently 

Screenshot of the docker autostart manager list