[Plugin] CA Docker Autostart Manager - Deprecated

Squid

7 hours ago, Pegasy said:

Hi. I have the unraid docker added to a docker swarm and for some reason this plugin (CA docker autostart) lists all versions of each container even after they are removed from the "normal" unraid docker ui (and also don't show up using 'docker ps' in the terminal). 

Any idea how to either manually remove them or what can be done to exclude them? 

Screenshot of of all my docker containers currently 

Screenshot of the docker autostart manager list

The list is populated as soon as you enter the tab.  So, if you delete a container and then immediately switch to the manager, then the deleted container will still appear there.

Beyond that, the manager makes use of unRaid's management system, so if you are manually deleting containers at the command prompt, then the docker tab (and the manager) may or may not show the correct information.

But, quick comparision of your two screen shots shows that everything looks ok.  Admittedly I didn't zoom right in to compare all of the names from one shot to another.

10 hours ago, Squid said:

The list is populated as soon as you enter the tab.  So, if you delete a container and then immediately switch to the manager, then the deleted container will still appear there.

Beyond that, the manager makes use of unRaid's management system, so if you are manually deleting containers at the command prompt, then the docker tab (and the manager) may or may not show the correct information.

But, quick comparision of your two screen shots shows that everything looks ok.  Admittedly I didn't zoom right in to compare all of the names from one shot to another.

Look at the names in the 2nd screenshot, it has a lot of the dyndns service (dyndns_home, dyndns_home-root, dyndns_hostname, dyndns_unifi) all 2 times (atleast in view in that screenshot) where there first screenshot of the docker ui only shows 1 of each. The plugin list is also (as you can tell from the scrollbar on it) a lot longer, it has multiple pages of old swarm containers that has been removed from the unraid host (through a userscript which removes unused swarm containers), all those are gone from the unraid ui but show up in the plugin ui. 

You're probably looking at a caching error being made by Dynamix.  While I probably could fix this, this plugin is going to be deprecated for users that will be running the upcoming unRaid 6.6, as the bulk of it's functionality will be now included in the base OS

On 8/11/2018 at 4:20 PM, Squid said:

You're probably looking at a caching error being made by Dynamix.  While I probably could fix this, this plugin is going to be deprecated for users that will be running the upcoming unRaid 6.6, as the bulk of it's functionality will be now included in the base OS

Ok, perfect, then no worries :) 

Where can I read up on upcoming features? (just used unraid for a month or two so still trying to figure some stuff out / setting things up)

28 minutes ago, Pegasy said:

Ok, perfect, then no worries :) 

Where can I read up on upcoming features? (just used unraid for a month or two so still trying to figure some stuff out / setting things up)

I do not believe we have had any definitive news about what new features are coming in the next release.

Edited by itimpi
2 hours ago, itimpi said:

I do not believe we have had any definitive news about what new features are coming in the next release.

Not 100% true.  You can always look at the commit history on GitHub for the webUI to see what's coming at least in the UI itself.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

I desperately miss this plugin in v.6.6! The new version includes a timeout but it just starts containers alphabetically ... any idea how to do the whole "listen for port, then start" procedure now?

I just reinstalled the deprecated plugin out of desparation..

• 6 months later...

I really appreciate the work you do.. one quick question before I install it though.

Does this play nice with the CA Backup/Restore appdata plugin? if that plugin stops all dockers so it can do a backup will it restart them in the correct order?

32 minutes ago, Squid said:

I think Appdata backup will restart in the same order as what's listed on the docker page.  Been a long time though since I did the coding, so could be mistaken..

so just noticed(I think it might have been the most recent update of unRaid) the autostart in the Docker page in advanced view has a time delay option now... so thats all I need assuming of course that appdata backup plugin follow that... as thats the only thing that ever reboots my unraid.. that and unraid updates.. otherwise its uptime is 100% :) also cant find your plugin(this one) in the Apps list

Edited by Dreded
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Xe138 said:

I can't seem to find the answer anywhere else - in what order are docker containers started?  Is it bottom-to-top or top-to-bottom?

Top to bottom.     You can reorder them to get a specific order.     You can also set a delay after a docker has been started before the next one should be started.

• 1 month later...