Same GPU model/vendor incompatibility

Awkward

Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding the compatibility of different GPU(s) of the same vendor different model.

1. Gigabyte GTX 970

2. Gigabyte GTX 980

3. Gigabyte GTX 1060

I am currently using 2 Gigabyte GTX 970(s), however, I am unable to run them without "Enable PCIe ACS Override" when running 2 VM (Windows 10).

I am guessing that even though it is from the same vendor and model, UNRAID Server would still run it as the same type? I would then need to have different model of GPU, for example two different GPU, GTX 970 and GTX 980 instead of 2 GTX 970 or etc.?

I'm a little unsure what you are asking here.

The reason you have to enable the ACS override is not that it is two cards of the same model, but because your mother board doesn't separate different devices to separate iommu groups.

If it's working, there is no need to buy another model. It will not help you to disable the ACS override.

I am currently using, a Gigabyte Motherboard:

Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming G1

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4963#ov

I have placed both my 2 GPU (GTX 970) on both x16 slots.

Is it my motherboard that is the problem?

I am trying to figure how to use both my GTX970 (2x) GPU without the need to "Enable PCIe ACS Override".

Perhaps, I need to replace my motherboard?

Or, maybe, it is because I am using two GTX970 from the same vendor and same model, I should be using two different type of GPU, two different GPU, AMD and GTX?