Kernel Module "Teutates" chip from Fujitsu

Fire

Hello, i would like to monitor the sensors on my board in unRAID. Unfortunately it needs a kernel module ... could you add it to future releases?

3.2.3. Teutates driver

The Theseus chip uses the following kernel modules:

• ftsteutates.ko

The ftsteutaes driver is not yet (as of April 2016) part of the mainstream kernel.

The sources for ftsteutates are available from Fujitsu via FTP (see Section 5.1, “Download adress for

the ftsteutates driver”). If you have obtained the sources you need to build the kernel module using the

standard procedure for external kernel modules.

Doc: ftp://ftp.ts.fujitsu.com/pub/.../pub/Mainboard-OEM-Sales/Services/Software&Tools/Linux_SystemMonitoring&Watchdog&GPIO/Fujitsu_mainboards-1-Sensors_HowTo-en-US.pdf

Driver: ftp://ftp.ts.fujitsu.com/pub/.../pub/Mainboard-OEM-Sales/Services/Software&Tools/Linux_SystemMonitoring&Watchdog&GPIO/ftsteutates-module_20160601.zip

or it there a how-to create my own kernel modules? i found one for older unRAID versions.

• 1 year later...

Did anyone have had success compiling the ftsteutates.ko driver for the sensors?

I am in need of this as I own a Fujitsu board, but I am stuck in compiling errors.

This is the error Code:

make[1]: Entering directory '/usr/src/linux-4.18.10-unRAID'
make[1]: *** No rule to make target 'modules'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/linux-4.18.10-unRAID'
make: *** [Makefile:4: all] Error 2

Edited by madejackson

Thanks for your replies... That's a pitty. I thought this is somehow possible.

Would be awesome, if you manage to include the driver for my sensor-Chip sometime into unraid (ftsteuates.ko).

Without that, I am not able to read any temps or fan-speeds off of my MB. Also I'd like to control my fans, which I am not able to do without this driver. Only the CPU-temp is working. Although, it is no high priority issue.

Edited by madejackson
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, I also own a Fujitsu d3644-b board and found this thread while searching for fan control with unRaid.

I bought two NF-A12x25 fans (4 pin pwm) as I wanted to move my unRaid build from the hall to my living room. Unfortunately, the mainboard bios fan control has no silent mode (full, auto and enhanced). Thus, I was trying to control the fans via unRaid -  finding it lacking the driver support.

There are a lot of people owning this mainboard, because it was highly recommended in c't and this NAS build guide.

@limetech Could you please consider adding the driver to unRaid 6.9.0?

• 4 weeks later...