[Support] Linuxserver.io - DuckDNS

2 hours ago, roudoudou said:

I am using wildcard certificate in lestencrypt. with validation duckdns What should be put at Subdomains line since so far I am getting an error Something went wrong, please check your settings ?

Wrong thread, and even if it was the right thread, you need to post more information.  Read the docs carefully, they're their for a reason.

On 6/9/2019 at 2:04 AM, pervin_1 said:

Anybody have any idea why DuckDNS docker works 99% of times, it always succeeds updating my IP address, but when my internet goes down ( IP change overnight ), it fails to update my address with the usual message something went wrong please check your settings. The only to fix it is to restart the docker; then it works again. I would appreciate any help.

Thank you in advance!

Lately I'm having the same problem, DuckDNS looks like it works but is not updating the IP when it changes. Did you find a solution?

On 6/14/2019 at 3:19 AM, L0rdRaiden said:

Lately I'm having the same problem, DuckDNS looks like it works but is not updating the IP when it changes. Did you find a solution?

No solution tbh. I am stuck perhaps. We are going to figure this out, eventually. Let me know if you come up with any news or a solution. Would appreciate it! 

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, L0rdRaiden said:

No one else is having this problem? the docker apparently works but it stops to update the IP after a week or so.

Is there an automatic way to restart the docker every day?

I honestly have no idea what could cause the container to stop working. It literally just fires off a curl command every five minutes, driven by cron. Can you specify whether the curl is still firing?

On 7/7/2019 at 8:18 AM, L0rdRaiden said:

No one else is having this problem? the docker apparently works but it stops to update the IP after a week or so.

You could write a user script to restart the docker and give it a daily cron time to run.

However, you'd be better off finding out the cause of the problem - other things could be affected.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there - my duckdns docker runs smooth since yesterday or the last update? not sure exactly.

At the moment im getting a "Something went wrong, please check your settings Tue Jul 16 15:00:06 CEST 2019"

I didnt change anything in the settings so Im a bit confused about that.

• 1 month later...
On 6/8/2019 at 8:04 PM, pervin_1 said:

Anybody have any idea why DuckDNS docker works 99% of times, it always succeeds updating my IP address, but when my internet goes down ( IP change overnight ), it fails to update my address with the usual message something went wrong please check your settings. The only to fix it is to restart the docker; then it works again. I would appreciate any help.

Thank you in advance!

I'm seeing the same thing. It just keeps updating every night.

I am using pfsense with a vpn. Can I do custom : br0 and assign an ip on the duckdns docker so I can add a pfsesne lan rule to bypass vpn and use my wan address? On bridge It updates my vpn address to duckdns.org. I tried this and I get something went wrong in duckdns container log and it does not show ip in PORT MAPPINGS (APP TO HOST) under dockers in Unraid. So I probably answered my own question. So how do you bypass vpn when I want to keep Unraid and everything else behind the vpn?

9 hours ago, jpowell8672 said:

I am using pfsense with a vpn. Can I do custom : br0 and assign an ip on the duckdns docker so I can add a pfsesne lan rule to bypass vpn and use my wan address? On bridge It updates my vpn address to duckdns.org. I tried this and I get something went wrong in duckdns container log and it does not show ip in PORT MAPPINGS (APP TO HOST) under dockers in Unraid. So I probably answered my own question. So how do you bypass vpn when I want to keep Unraid and everything else behind the vpn?

Yes, that should work. I believe I had done just that a while back.

• 2 weeks later...

So I am not sure how to verify this.   I have configured the DuckDNS docker with my token and duckdns information.  I get an initial update.   But when I click either manual update I get an error saying error: ip address for myfiles.duckdns.org was already 173.66.54.159 not updated    and then the time is at like 1 hour.  

I had previously had it setup thought it was all working but checked on it and there were things that had not updated for like 8 months, so I did a fresh install.  Is there a way to ensure or verify that it works.  As the 5 min thing appears to not be working.... 

Thanks

48 minutes ago, Aceriz said:

So I am not sure how to verify this.   I have configured the DuckDNS docker with my token and duckdns information.  I get an initial update.   But when I click either manual update I get an error saying error: ip address for myfiles.duckdns.org was already 173.66.54.159 not updated    and then the time is at like 1 hour.  

I had previously had it setup thought it was all working but checked on it and there were things that had not updated for like 8 months, so I did a fresh install.  Is there a way to ensure or verify that it works.  As the 5 min thing appears to not be working.... 

Thanks

For duckdns, "update" means IP changed.

If your ip doesn't change, it will tell you that it wasn't updated. When you try a manual update on their website, it says it is not updated because your ip is still the same as the record.

• 1 month later...
On 7/7/2019 at 12:18 AM, L0rdRaiden said:

I am having the same problem. It works for a few days, and then doesn't. I manually update my IP and it works for a couple days and then stops again. What can I do to give more information to help fix it.

13 hours ago, Apoceclipse said:

I am having the same problem. It works for a few days, and then doesn't. I manually update my IP and it works for a couple days and then stops again. What can I do to give more information to help fix it.

Define stops working. What exactly happens? Errors? Logs?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, karateo said:

Hi!

I read a post from last year that ipv6 was not supported then.

I would like to know if it is supported now or if there is any workaround to have duckdns with ipv6.

Thank you,

Theodoros

Still not supported.

None of us use ipv6 so can't even test. This is the only attempt made (by an outsider contributor): https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-duckdns/pull/11

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...

Hi. My DuckDNS docker stopped updating my machine's IP all out of a sudden. I already tried restarting. What are my go to steps for fixing this?

Edit: fixed, was using improper Subdomain keys. Should've only used the subdomain name, eg:

myserver

instead of

myserver.duckdns.org

Edited by Arandomdood
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...