[Support] Linuxserver.io - DuckDNS

• 1 month later...

If I can ping my duckdns subdomains from within unRaid and Windows10 (eg: ping subdomain.duckdns.org) and it returns results but I can't access the subdomain.duckdns.org within a browser window, than it must be a Nginx Proxy manager issue, correct?

I'm trying to eliminate some issues here I'm having.

3 minutes ago, CoZ said:

If I can ping my duckdns subdomains from within unRaid and Windows10 (eg: ping subdomain.duckdns.org) and it returns results but I can't access the subdomain.duckdns.org within a browser window, than it must be a Nginx Proxy manager issue, correct?

I'm trying to eliminate some issues here I'm having.

Possibly

1 hour ago, aptalca said:

Possibly

Disregard. Came back here to delete the post but you already replied to it.  Seems to be an issue internally on my LAN not being able to access any *.duckdns.org URLs.  Dunno why.  Externally everything works.

@CoZ Check your router if it blocks NAT reflection. For example on pfsense on default accessing the external WAN interface from inside your local private network will be blocked. Most routers have such an option, sometimes called differently. In your example if you try to access your DDNS domain, your router already knows the target IP of the domain, his own public interface and therefore it will be blocked.

https://docs.netgate.com/pfsense/en/latest/book/nat/nat-reflection.html

• Thanks 1
32 minutes ago, torch2k said:

Anyone else having issues today? It appears that DuckDNS is offline this morning.

It seems they're having dns propagation issues at the moment so dns may not be resolving.

With the pandemic and most people working from home, cloud service reliability has gone down across the board.

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Armed Ferret said:

Maybe Im not understanding the point of DuckDNS.   I created a subdomain and I can ping it internally from my PC and Unraid terminal to see the external IP.  But how do I use that to connect to Plex? Do I need to create DNS entries?  How should I do that? 

You don't need DuckDNS to connect to plex. What are you trying to do?

1 hour ago, Armed Ferret said:

I think my real problem is I don't really understand the purpose of DuckDNS.  I get that it provided a domain to my external IP but what is the benefit of that?  What can I use it for?  

So you can connect to your server without having to keep track of ip changes. Just connect to the domain

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, however my IP changed the other day but I had to manually update it on duckdns.org, when I check the logs I get the following message repeated at 5 min intervals:

Something went wrong, please check your settings Sat May 23 15:10:03 BST 2020
/app/duck.conf: line 1: f844c07d-6640-4969-b0af-a3535718d11e: command not found

Not sure where the issue lies, my side on DuckDNS side.

Thanks,

Myles