Errors on disk 1 + sync errors during parity scan

With a single parity I would shut it down, but if you want to keep using it and read/write from disk1 then it's probably best to disable it, as long as all other disks are OK it will be slower and unprotected against another failure but usable.

To rebuild, would I then just swap the drives and then assign the replacement?

Yes

So, what are the chances of corrupt files given the fact that there is always light write operations going on with reconstruct-write selected?

Would it drop the drive if it weren't able to read that bit from disk1 to create the new parity? or is that not how reconstruct write works?

Reconstruct write is only relevant for this discussion in the sense that disk1 may be disabled when writing to another disk, no corruption should happen in that situation, as long as your parity was in sync before this, the rebuilt disk1 should be 100% OK, all files intact.

That's excellent to hear!

I still think just to be safe I'll run a recursive md5sum on the reconstructed and original drives...

I can just put the failed drive into another computer and boot a linux live cd for hashing that right?

Obviously I can run the same hash command on /mnt/disk1 after the rebuild...