[Support] Linuxserver.io - davos

On 3/8/2019 at 5:35 PM, Stark said:

OK, we've figured out what went wrong. During the migration phase of our pipeline, the build command omitted a flag which set it to use production configuration. The result of this is that the latest image was build with a "staging" environment in mind and so had its database set in memory, not from a file. 

A new build has been pushed through the pipeline, so can you pull latest and check? You may find that now it looks for the database file correctly, it will pick up your old existing database, so will be a bit stale.

Long story short: we dropped the ball a bit with the build, and I can only apologise for that.

All good man. Stuff happens. Thanks for taking a look. I confirmed that the lastest build is working as it used to and the db and related files is now being written out to my volume mount. 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody else getting this error with the latest version (3/19/2019)

Whitelabel Error Page

This application has no explicit mapping for /error, so you are seeing this as a fallback.

Tue Mar 19 08:01:32 PDT 2019

There was an unexpected error (type=Internal Server Error, status=500).

Could not initialize class sun.security.ssl.SSLSessionImpl

I tried mapping an /error folder via the docker settings to see if it would write some kind of log but it didn't do much. :|

16 minutes ago, Stark said:

That's just the app telling you that you've tried navigating to a page that doesn't exist. I don't believe I created an endpoint for /error, so it's falling back to that "white label" page. 

The docker has been working fine since the docker was release months ago until today morning built. The only error I see in the logs is

"19, 2019 8:26:28 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve invoke
SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet [dispatcherServlet] in context with path [] threw exception [Handler dispatch failed; nested exception is java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError] with root cause
java.io.FileNotFoundException: /usr/lib/libnss3.so"

I already try removing and reinstalling the docker clean (deleted the folder/settings off my appdata folder) still the same issue and I'm not running any reverse proxy etc.

@sickb0y It appears that there was a dependency change recently with OpenJRE which meant nss was no longer packaged up in its dependency tree. It has been added in manually now as part of the image build process. Hopefully this will fix your issue. 

Edited by Stark
  • 5 months later...

The download/delete part works great - love it! My issue is that once files are downloaded, I don't have permission to do anything with them. I get the following error:

File Access Denied
You need permission to perform this action

You require permissino from NAS\nobody to make changes to this file

My workaround has been to telnet into my box (NAS in the above example), log in as root and run "chmod +777 -R" on the folder. That's a pain to do every time I download a new file though, and I can't find a case where another person ran into the same situation. What have I done wrong?

2 hours ago, Crlaozwyn said:

The download/delete part works great - love it! My issue is that once files are downloaded, I don't have permission to do anything with them. I get the following error:

File Access Denied
You need permission to perform this action

You require permissino from NAS\nobody to make changes to this file

My workaround has been to telnet into my box (NAS in the above example), log in as root and run "chmod +777 -R" on the folder. That's a pain to do every time I download a new file though, and I can't find a case where another person ran into the same situation. What have I done wrong?

The downloaded files should take the ownership of the process owner so it could be you're running davos under the wrong PUID/PGID. That said I can't remember what permissions it sets on the files after downloading them. 

Double check your run configuration for the container so that the PUID and PGID match the user you want to take ownership of the files. 

2 hours ago, Stark said:

The downloaded files should take the ownership of the process owner so it could be you're running davos under the wrong PUID/PGID. That said I can't remember what permissions it sets on the files after downloading them. 

Double check your run configuration for the container so that the PUID and PGID match the user you want to take ownership of the files. 

Nailed it. Thank you - I totally missed changing the PUID/GUID, which caused the permission error. Fixed and fixed.

• 2 months later...

Great app, but I can't make a filter work. I'm trying to download "The.Deuce*" files from my seedbox, and I have setup two schedules, 1 for "*Deuce*" and 1 for "The.Deuce*", and both say that there are no files that match that filter, and move on. I'm attaching my davos.log, and I hope that will help you help me. Thanks very much.

981080068_Screenshotfrom2019-11-2909-05-48.thumb.png.f89573c6f533a7b5cc6b26d59e63a91b.png

davos.log

1 hour ago, manderso said:

Great app, but I can't make a filter work. I'm trying to download "The.Deuce*" files from my seedbox, and I have setup two schedules, 1 for "*Deuce*" and 1 for "The.Deuce*", and both say that there are no files that match that filter, and move on. I'm attaching my davos.log, and I hope that will help you help me. Thanks very much.

davos.log 497.77 kB · 0 downloads

Hi,

Looking at the logs it seems that it did initially pick up the files based on the filter, but there was an error when attempting to download one of the metadata files. By default davos will try to continue with the workflow but will register all attempted files as having been actioned, so following runs of the schedule will ignore the files. That's why it appears the filter isn't working (it is, it's just ignoring them because it thinks it's seen them before).

For some reason davos is unable to create the local directory for some sub folders when recursively downloading the files. If you look at line 1109 onwards in the logs you provided, you'll see the schedule picks up the files and then goes over each of the matching directories. In order to download the directories, it needs to traverse them over FTP and then generate them locally by manually creating them (you can't transfer directories over FTP using the Java libraries I use). However it seems that is is unable to create these directories locally "2019-11-29 08:51:54.107 - DEBUG - [FileUtils] - Directory was not created!". 

Check your directory permissions for /downloads/Downloads and make sure that is is a) a valid directory, and b) owned by the correct user.

If you want to test the schedule out again, you can click on the history icon in the schedule summary and clear the list. This will force davos to fully match everything again.

3 hours ago, Stark said:

Hi,

Looking at the logs it seems that it did initially pick up the files based on the filter, but there was an error when attempting to download one of the metadata files. By default davos will try to continue with the workflow but will register all attempted files as having been actioned, so following runs of the schedule will ignore the files. That's why it appears the filter isn't working (it is, it's just ignoring them because it thinks it's seen them before).

For some reason davos is unable to create the local directory for some sub folders when recursively downloading the files. If you look at line 1109 onwards in the logs you provided, you'll see the schedule picks up the files and then goes over each of the matching directories. In order to download the directories, it needs to traverse them over FTP and then generate them locally by manually creating them (you can't transfer directories over FTP using the Java libraries I use). However it seems that is is unable to create these directories locally "2019-11-29 08:51:54.107 - DEBUG - [FileUtils] - Directory was not created!". 

Check your directory permissions for /downloads/Downloads and make sure that is is a) a valid directory, and b) owned by the correct user.

If you want to test the schedule out again, you can click on the history icon in the schedule summary and clear the list. This will force davos to fully match everything again.

Makes sense. I had the download directory set incorrectly at first, and this queue was made to download before I changed the directory setting. After clearing the list of files it's started downloading.

Thank you!

The logs suggest that you have multiple schedules running with the same filters/target directory. I could be mistaken as I’ve only scanned through the log. Also it seems that it’s not comparing the files from the last scan to find new files (it thinks it’s a first-time scan each time). It may be worth checking the scan list history to check it’s actually saving that reference after each run. 

• 2 months later...

Hi, 

I've got a pesky problem that i'm hoping someone will be able to solve for me.

I've been using Krusader to sync an FTP server locally.

I then learnt about this container and was hoping to automate the process away from Krusader.

I setup the server, tested, connecting fine.

I'm syncing the directories to the same location that I was previously using with Krusader, however, i'm not seeing any progress.

It says that the task is running and downloading. Progress bar goes along, then back to the start, not indicating progress that well.

Any ideas as to why this might be happening?

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

HI,

Hopefully this hasn't been covered.

For the new file on the remote host - does the scheduler match on just the file name or does it look to file size as well? I have a backup that is saved into a directory each day - it saves with the same name each day. I haven't been able to get the 'new' file to download - the file has changed (different size), but the name is the same.

Move Downloaded File

Also, I haven't been able to get the file to move after being processed either.  The log shows an error - 

Unable to move filename1234.txt to /applications/abcxyz/local_backups/processed/. Reason given: Destination directory '/applications/abcxyz/local_backups/processed' does not exist [createDestDir=true]

I've copied the directory, but maybe there is a permission issue, or I have the directory wrong?

Thanks in advance.

ZoomDog

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...