Quick preclear question.

skylark

I pre-cleared a drive in the array using the plugin by running just one cycle against it but now want to run a further two cycles against it. How can i do that as it now shows as precleared and i cant seem to find anywhere that allows me to override its indicator. If i drop back to comnand line what comnands do i need to effectively preclear it again? Thanks.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

I tried clicking on that but it just seems to be for the situation where you want to stop an ongoing preclear. My drive is now precleared and i want to run the whole process again albeit with an extra couple of cycles. Didnt think this would be an issue but cant find out how to 'un-preclear' the drive.

Done. No change because the drive IS precleared as far as unRAID is concerned. I just want to preclear a couple more cycles. Cant be this difficult surely?

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

you could format the drive (which destroys the preclear signature) and then try to preclear it again.    You may have to allow formatting in the UD settings as by default it is disabled.

Trouble is, Unassigned Devices won't allow you to format a disk (even in destructive mode) until the Precleared report is cancelled.

I had the same problem (and still do). Clicking the red X doesn't do anything but refresh the window. I ended up working round it by using a different browser (just to click the X). If I needed to use it every day it would become sufficiently annoying that I would switch browsers but I don't so I can live with it. See here: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=39985.msg510566#msg510566