Almost built-in Dolphin or Krusader

RobJ

Something I've been thinking about for a long time...  I think it would be very helpful to both new and old users to have a good file manager practically built in.  My current idea is to add one more toggle to the Docker page, appearing when you turn on Dockers, and asks "Enable Dolphin/Krusader?"

I don't really care whether it's Krusader or Dolphin.  I'd rather let better informed Linux gurus decide that, and how to pre-configure it, and which features to equip it with.  But I would want it completely configured ahead of time, ready to drop in by that toggle, nothing at all to configure for new users.  Probably set /mnt=/mnt, /config=CURRENT_APPDATA_SETTING/dolphinconfig, and the port to something unlikely to conflict (8089?).  And I don't care how it's implemented (included or not in distro, auto-updating or not, etc).  A good Help paragraph for the enable toggle would be nice.

Others may have better ideas...  I think it would be a really nice feature to point new users to, and be an incentive to turn on Dockers, and be their first introduction to them too.  And it would come in handy so many times when users need to move files around, for whatever reason.  Now if it could also include a background script that detected and disallowed the "User Disk/Share Copy Problem" too...  ;)

Just exactly which container version would it be? Would it be from an awesome community developer group like LinuxServer.io or would it be yet another docker container for Limetech to barely support and manage after the root core of unraid and vm manager and package manager and docker manager?

• 2 weeks later...