Thin Client for emulator games?

Tomahawk51

So I have recently setup a dual Xeon Unraid server, and have misc dockers and a SageTV win 10 VM all running well, with power to spare. Can I use a new VM to run my emulator games On the other side of the house?  My server is in a remote corner of the basement, but I have wired eNet in the house. More Context:

In my living room I currently have a very affordable and weak PC (AMDe350) successfully running Win 10 and Launchbox/BigBox for playing emulated console games. It is too weak to play anything past ~SNES, and is laggy with the media rich interface. I want better..

Can I setup a "thinclient " on this current wimpy PC?  Should I just try RDP?  Are there anyother possibilities I should look into?  I can't picture running monitor and mouse/keyboard wires across my house.

I'm a newb here. I wanted to explore this vs the alternative of just buying a new dedicated PC for emulating games.

Just posting progress on my research, in case it helps anyone in my shoes:  I just bought a Steam Link which I will aim to use with a VM.  I'll hope to run LaunchBox/BigBox on this for my emulated games, and maybe learn it can do more as well. 

The Steam Link is $20 right now, so I thought it was worth a shot at that.