***VIDEO GUIDE How to install binhex's Deluge-vpn (bitTorrent docker with VPN) UPDATED GUIDE

Hi, Guys. I have made a video tutorial on how to install and configure Binhex's excellent docker 'DELUGE VPN'

It shows you how to install the template and the deluge server then configure your browser to send torrents straight to your server.

Hope you find it useful!!  :)

UPDATED VIDEO SEPTEMBER 27 2017

Edited by gridrunner
  • Upvote 1
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

@gridrunner loving your video's really appreciated. following I managed to get Deluge with VPN working well. just a quick question if I may, I see Deluges default port selection for incoming is fixed and outgoing is random, do both of these need to be the same and fixed to allow sharing of my downloaded torrents and the appropriate port rule added to my router? Or with VPN setup will these files automatically accept incoming connections  / sharing the files via VPN tunnel?

Edited by huntjules
detail
On 5/7/2017 at 9:36 PM, Netbug said:

I appreciate your videos, but man, this one is REALLY confusing.

Your interface for installing the docker is different from mine and I cannot get the docker to show up as you do at the 5:00 mark :/

No idea what I'm doing wrong.

@Netbug can you do a screen snip of your docker config you can upload?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2017 at 8:09 PM, huntjules said:

@gridrunner loving your video's really appreciated. following I managed to get Deluge with VPN working well. just a quick question if I may, I see Deluges default port selection for incoming is fixed and outgoing is random, do both of these need to be the same and fixed to allow sharing of my downloaded torrents and the appropriate port rule added to my router? Or with VPN setup will these files automatically accept incoming connections  / sharing the files via VPN tunnel?

I setup port forwarding on my router and I seem to be able to share/upload downloaded content with vpn enabled, so hoping it was just a newby error.

8 hours ago, huntjules said:

I setup port forwarding on my router and I seem to be able to share/upload downloaded content with vpn enabled, so hoping it was just a newby error.

If your VPN is set up properly, your router's IP isn't even in the traffic path, so port forwarding in your router won't matter. The traffic goes straight from the docker through the VPN tunnel to the exit node, somewhere remote, where it connects to the rest of the world. If your router IP and port forwarding is involved, something is wrong, and you are no longer protected by the VPN.

• 5 months later...

Hello. Thanks for your video and assistance. I have some questions. 

I have this set up with PIA and torrents are moving, and my IP is being reported by my tracker as being from the VPN which is great. 

I just want to make sure that all my GUI settings in Deluge are appropriate.

1. What about the settings for 'network extras' such as upnp, dht, etc. Do any of those matter at all?

2. What about incoming and outgoing ports? Do these need to be set specifically to anything?

3. What's up with ports 58946 TCP/UDP in the docker container. What is their purpose?

4. I moved over a lot of my deluge config from a previous install that was not binhex or use VPN. Should I go back and make my config identical to the default binhex one to make sure things are set up correctly? For example my copied config did not have "use SSL" checked but seems like it should be so I checked it. 

Thank you!

Edited by Chad Kunsman
  • 2 years later...