Dockers keep say "update ready" after updating

Videodude

I've been having an issue with my Docker Containers the past few months. I click "check for updates" and 7 of my 8 containers will say "update ready". I'll go through the motions of updating them all one by one. After updated, for the next few days clicking "check for updates" will show them all as "up-to-date", however after 1-2 weeks those same containers will show as "update ready" again, even though after the update the version of the application is the same.

I don't know what logs or information to post here that would help with troubleshooting the issue. Please let me know and I'll post away. This issue is so annoying!!

I've been having an issue with my Docker Containers the past few months. I click "check for updates" and 7 of my 8 containers will say "update ready". I'll go through the motions of updating them all one by one. After updated, for the next few days clicking "check for updates" will show them all as "up-to-date", however after 1-2 weeks those same containers will show as "update ready" again, even though after the update the version of the application is the same.

I don't know what logs or information to post here that would help with troubleshooting the issue. Please let me know and I'll post away. This issue is so annoying!!

lsio applications?

lsio pumps out updates to the images every Friday which contain the latest versions of the apps, and the system is completely automated, so even if the app itself isn't updated the docker image still shows an update available.

See also this FAQ http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=40937.msg387553#msg387553 Which is the same thing, but in reverse

Here's some explantions from another thread to illustrate why this is happening.

Can someone explain why this docker is being published ever week or couple of weeks without an explanation of what is being changed? As a matter of fact it seems that all Linuxserver.io dockers are being done this way.

Our containers used to autoupdate on restart, but we were having too many issues caused by it and we dropped it.

To allay users wanting to be on the latest version etc, we switched to a weekly refresh of our images.

Any code changes we make to the Dockerfile or attendant files would be available to see in the git commit history and/or the changelog in the docker information tab in Community Applications for the particular container.

Thanks for the explanation. Most of these it would seem that there are no real code changes, just microbadge changes in the readme.md file. So I will be adjusting my checks for docker changes to a less frequent time interval.

Only problem with just looking at the plexypy code is that doesn't necessarily reflect upstream changes in the base images or in the Alpine repo, which, potentially, could include security fixes.  Which is one reason we decided on this approach.