BTRFS or XFS

I do realize this has been asked previously but some time has passed (and versions) and I'm wondering if it's still the case...

Is there any benefit to using BTRFS over XFS?

It's my understanding that BTRFS has check-summing to detect data corruption.

But I've also read that BTRFS has more issues with data corruption than XFS...

I have some free space so I would have enough to convert to BTRFS if it is in fact a better option...

But IS it a better option for anything other than future-proofing?

BTRFS is the only option if you want to set up a cache pool, but I assume you're asking about its use on data disks and I think the answer is that not many people use it for that purpose so there isn't a lot of experience to draw on. Most people use XFS instead on new builds and there seems to be some evidence that its recovery tools have noticeably improved in recent releases. There's a file integrity plugin that can be used with XFS to help detect data rot.

BTRFS has some nice features.  But, and this is simply from watching the posts on this board and not from hands on experience, it seems immature.  Every once in a while it barfs and someone needs to rebuild their entire cache.  That's within tolerable limits for cache since you can typically replace everything there without much drama - but I would not use it for the data array (yet).