Cannot get trial key

dtomgr

Hello ,

Im tring to get a trial key for Unraid 6 from the web interface but i get date time error.

I tried manual and also using NTP server ,

I live in greece and our time is utc+3 now but i get continuously  the same error.

I tried also 2 different usb 3 flash drives...

Any idea?

• 1 month later...

I am having the exact same issues here in the US in PA. Eastern Time Zone. No matter what I set the time and date too I can get no Trial Code for it has this error:

Sorry, an error (403) occurred registering USB Flash GUID (###################)

The error is: Your time/date is incorrect, please update it or enable NTP.

I have tried NTP and that does not work. I then set the time in the Bios to match. Supposedly you are allowed a five minute separation, but I have them both exact down to the seconds. Nothing, No email comes and I can not do anything with this thing. Frustrating indeed!!! I built my NAS and it is sitting next to me hard wired LAN line. I am accessing the server software page from my windows 10 based system on WiFi. Do you think that may be the reason for the separation of time? I am unsure why I am unable to get through to get a Trial Key and support from Lime-Tech is like looking for a sky hook in a scavenger hunt. I found a contact for help and received two emails asking for curtain information out of the Page Map under tools. I sent them what they asked for and never heard from them again. I am wondering if I should just purchase the darn key but I am worried that if I can not use it, I will waist 50 dollars. Any ideas anyone can provide would be fantastic. Please speak to me like a 3 year old and guide me through this if your able. I am not very DOS friendly at all.

I am having the exact same issues here in the US in PA. Eastern Time Zone. No matter what I set the time and date too I can get no Trial Code for it has this error:

Sorry, an error (403) occurred registering USB Flash GUID 0781-5571-1001-550607111555

The error is: Your time/date is incorrect, please update it or enable NTP.

I have tried NTP and with no NTP. Set the time in the Bios to match. Supposedly you are allowed a five minute separation, but I have then exact down to the seconds. Nothing, No email comes and I can not do anything with this thing. Frustrating indeed!!!

And you are absolutely sure that you set the time in BIOS to UTC time and then the appropriate time zone in unRAID?

Okay I found the reason. I made the changes needed, got my code, but now it has ERROR after I enter the code!!!! Geezus!!!!! Now what???? I copied the entire link that was in blue and placed it into the area where it was supposed to be placed. clicked install key. and I get an error at the end of the line on the final screen. I then saved the link to my PC and opened it up in notpad. It is in Chinese I believe! My system in English, so I am not sure what I have been given here. All I know is it is not working and I get a large white message board that repeats the code line but has Error 4 at the end of it. Ever run into this before????

• 2 years later...

I am having a similar issue. I am running a Dell R420 with dual socket Xenon and 48GB Ram. Latest BIOS is installed as well are the rest of the updates on the node. Reinstalled the latest unRAID multiple times. Still get the error. I have checked and double checked the system time several times and still nothing, even going through every time zone. 

I can post images or if we wanna do a SS on Discord if anyone is interested.  

• 10 months later...

Hi,

I was stuck in this issue for a day. Then, I found the problem right after I sent out request support.

Here are some things you should check as my experience :
1. Bios time : if your Bios doesn't support timezone, then it's fine. Make sure the time is correct to your local.

2. In the unraid setting, make sure the displayed time is correct. You may change the UTC to match.

3. Maybe you need to reboot unraid several times or wait for a while to let the system syncing time.

4. Use your laptop or 2nd pc in the same network with Unraid OS. Access to the http IP. Then get the trial key.

Edited by Kenny
  • 6 months later...