Unmountable - No file system (32)

LimeB

Think I am good now. I dd to another drive and on that drive I used -L on xfs_repair. It appeared that all my files where there, at least the most critical being family photos. The new ones were at least there and the older ones I know are backed up. So I went ahead and did xfs_repair -L on the original drive and it had an error but seemed to work. Its back in my unRAID and seems to be okay.

Thanks you guys for the help, learned a bit from in which in the end is fun.

• 10 months later...

I totally don’t understand this.  I’m getting the same message on my 2TB drive.  It was my parity drive that I replaced with a larger drive.  I ran preclear on the drive without any errors, but it said it was unmountable due to no file system.  I ran an extended smart test which passed.  I don't understand what to do now.                 

5 hours ago, bprohs said:

I totally don’t understand this.  I’m getting the same message on my 2TB drive.  It was my parity drive that I replaced with a larger drive.  I ran preclear on the drive without any errors, but it said it was unmountable due to no file system.  I ran an extended smart test which passed.  I don't understand what to do now.                 

Start your own thread, described exactly what happened and post the diagnostics (tools -> diagnostics)

• Upvote 1