Unraid server hanging. Can access running plugins, but not the UI.

Hey guys/gals,

So I've had an issue for the last week or so where upon starting the array, Unraid seems to load up to a certain point in the log, but then it hangs. I can reach the server via PuTTY, so I can restart, make config changes, and then try again, but it always hangs up SOMEWHERE. For a while the log was stopping at "Tower ntpd[1577]: new interface(s) found: waking up resolver", so I disabled NTP (just killing the process from the cli didn't progress things anyway.) I had also just installed a new docker, so I disabled them too (they weren't coming up anyway.) Now it hangs somewhere else. I'm attaching my diagnostics as a starting point... just let me know how I can help you help me! Thanks!

tower-diagnostics-20161201-1544.zip

Just took a look, and the syslog doesn't go far enough, doesn't cover any issues.  Can you attempt to get a diagnostics *after* a hang?

You are heavily plugin dependent, using plugins for everything.  While I don't see any issues with their setup in this short syslog, if at any time a plugin has a problem, then the whole system is affected.  That's why Dockers and VM's were introduced, to isolate applications from the base NAS, so a defective or crashing plugin could not crash or hang the system.  Not saying it's a plugins fault yet, no evidence of any issue at all so far.  Need to see what happens when it hangs.

Obviously it's going to greatly hamper your usage, but as trurl recommended, you need to try running in Safe Mode, which will not load any plugins.  If that works, then you'll need to start disabling groups of plugins, to isolate which one is at fault.  If it hangs in Safe Mode, then it's not a plugin issue.

A Memtest is always a good first troubleshooting step.