[Support] Linuxserver.io - Ubooquity

Delete Host Port 1, Host Path 1 & Host Path 2, they are duplicates.

Path to books & path to comics are jacked, Both are mapped as /mnt/user/comics & ebooks/Ebooks/

I'm guessing /mnt/user/comics is probably correct, so just define where your books are.

8 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

Delete Host Port 1, Host Path 1 & Host Path 2, they are duplicates.

Path to books & path to comics are jacked, Both are mapped as /mnt/user/comics & ebooks/Ebooks/

I'm guessing /mnt/user/comics is probably correct, so just define where your books are.

You Sir are a wonderful person!

Changed my folder to one string name and followed your instructions.

Working fine.

Thank you.

Ubooquity settings 2.PNG

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I've been using this ubooquity docker for a while now. I had never updated it (mainly because I had no need to) until yesterday. Although I can get to the webgui with no problem, I cannot seem to find the settings page. The only things I see are directories to my media (see attached screenshot). Is there any way for me to get to a settings page?

screenshot-192.168.1.253-2202-2017-08-29-14-32-48.png

• 1 month later...

So you can't have spaces in the path name? That makes no sense at all since all my other Dockers have no issues with spaces.

I've been at this for hours and stuck with this error message:

Warning: SimpleXMLElement::addChild(): unterminated entity reference Comics =/= eComics =/ in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/include/CreateDocker.php on line 211

Command:
root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name="ubooquity" --net="bridge" -e TZ="America/Los_Angeles" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e "MAXMEM"="512" -e "PUID"="99" -e "PGID"="100" -p 2202:2202/tcp -p 2203:2203/tcp -v "":"/books":ro -v "":"/comics":ro -v "/mnt/user/appdata/ubooquity":"/config":rw linuxserver/ubooquity
/usr/bin/docker: Error response from daemon: Invalid volume spec ":/comics:ro": Invalid volume specification: ':/comics:ro'.
See '/usr/bin/docker run --help'.

The command failed.

Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 19.46.46.png

Edited by DaveHavok
So you can't have spaces in the path name? That makes no sense at all since all my other Dockers have no issues with spaces.

I've been at this for hours and stuck with this error message:

Warning: SimpleXMLElement::addChild(): unterminated entity reference Comics =/= eComics =/ in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/include/CreateDocker.php on line 211Command:root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name="ubooquity" --net="bridge" -e TZ="America/Los_Angeles" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e "MAXMEM"="512" -e "PUID"="99" -e "PGID"="100" -p 2202:2202/tcp -p 2203:2203/tcp -v "":"/books":ro -v "":"/comics":ro -v "/mnt/user/appdata/ubooquity":"/config":rw linuxserver/ubooquity/usr/bin/docker: Error response from daemon: Invalid volume spec ":/comics:ro": Invalid volume specification: ':/comics:ro'.See '/usr/bin/docker run --help'.The command failed.

59e17b5657ab9_ScreenShot2017-10-13at19_46_46.thumb.png.1e9606fc5335b4ce99c912493876ede4.png
It's not the space. It's the ampersand causing problems

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Good afternoon

I did a fresh install last night, new appdata directory, and the app works fine.  Books and comics are indexed but the admin page won'T let me log in.

It's asking me for a new admin password and when I click submit it spins around endlessly

And nothing in the logs (docker logs -f ubooquity) when I go to the admin page.  Is admin logging somewhere else?

13 hours ago, Gog said:

Good afternoon

I did a fresh install last night, new appdata directory, and the app works fine.  Books and comics are indexed but the admin page won'T let me log in.

It's asking me for a new admin password and when I click submit it spins around endlessly

And nothing in the logs (docker logs -f ubooquity) when I go to the admin page.  Is admin logging somewhere else?

I had no problem here setting a password and logging in. Have you tried different browsers?

On 10/22/2017 at 6:30 AM, saarg said:

I had no problem here setting a password and logging in. Have you tried different browsers?

Same behavior in IE and Chrome.

I'm thinking of reinstalling without a library directory.  Create the admin password before it has a chance to import the library.  I've never been judged by software before but who knows what AI is up to :)

• 3 months later...
hi

new here
installed ubooquity
started the docker
but i dont see any books
shouldt i be able to run a scan or something?
i only see, when i click the webui, comics, books, raw files, latest comics and latest books

Where is my settings page or something

thx in advance
Read the readme on github, all will be revealed.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Can i ask some other things pls?

It works now, but is ubooquity able to

- sort by genre? (auto use genres)? like with movies....

- able to when i click an ebook, i get a short description?

- what themes do you guys use? or none? and just stock...

and final question, i use a kobo ereader, how do i do this so i can use wifi and then browse the ubooquity database and chose what to download to my kobo ?

thx again

Edited by skank
Can i ask some other things pls?

It works now, but is ubooquity able to
- sort by genre? (auto use genres)? like with movies....
- able to when i click an ebook, i get a short description?
- what themes do you guys use? or none? and just stock...
and final question, i use a kobo ereader, how do i do this so i can use wifi and then browse the ubooquity database and chose what to download to my kobo ?
thx again
To be honest, I don't think any of us use Ubooquity and these questions are regarding the application itself rather than getting the container running and consequently probably better directed towards Ubooquity support, and as regards Kobo ereaders, no idea, never even seen one. Only chance you'll get of any meaningful answer here is if another Unraid user happens to use the same setup as yourself.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I'm struggling to get OPDS to work. I've established an admin password, I've created a user with password and given them access to my comic directory, and I've enabled OPDS in the admin panel itself. I've then done both a restart from within Ubooquity and a restart of the docker itself but no matter what I do I cannot get myip:2202/opds-comics to pull anything up. I keep getting this error message instead.

https://imgur.com/gwOnMB5

My long term goal is to get it to come up on my DynDNS address (which the standard 2202/ubooquity extension does work) to use with ComicViewer for Ubooquity but I'm hung up on this OPDS issue. I've also enabled it within Mylar if that matters.

• 1 month later...
On 6/9/2017 at 4:14 PM, CHBMB said:

location /ubooquity { proxy_pass http://192.168.0.1:2202/ubooquity; include /config/nginx/proxy.conf; }

hello if i may id like to ask a few questions as i have spent a few days banging my head trying to reverse proxy this container with lets encrypt

my first question is is this line posted by CHBMB the only line you need in the text file ?

location /ubooquity {
		proxy_pass http://192.168.0.1:2202/ubooquity;
		include /config/nginx/proxy.conf;	
	}

my second question if its not to much can someone post an example of what it should look like if its more than those few lines.

third when said file is complete what directory should the file be in letsencrypt? site-confs ? should it be in a folder in ubooquity ? i am a complete noob but im good at following step by step instructions i have the posted buttons enabled in ubooquity and i am able to access it via web but beyond that im lost

I've been using this container for a while now and it's working great for Comics and Ebooks with the exception of Raw Files.   I have it mapped just like my Comics and Ebooks but when I run a scan and look at the logs it doesn't show that it even tried scanning the folder and it doesn't show a column in the General/Status screen.   Is this a bug or is there something else I'm missing?

48 minutes ago, Lerxst151 said:

I've been using this container for a while now and it's working great for Comics and Ebooks with the exception of Raw Files.   I have it mapped just like my Comics and Ebooks but when I run a scan and look at the logs it doesn't show that it even tried scanning the folder and it doesn't show a column in the General/Status screen.   Is this a bug or is there something else I'm missing?

Did you tell ubooquity to scan in the folder you mapped? 

13 minutes ago, saarg said:

Did you tell ubooquity to scan in the folder you mapped? 

Yes, I have launched a scan from General tab multiple times. I've tried remapping the folder under the Raw Files tab.  I've restarted the container several times. It's Ubooquity version 2.1.1 with the latest pull from dockerhub but I have been having this issue for a few weeks since I first tried putting stuff in the folder for raw files.

18 hours ago, Sinister said:

hello if i may id like to ask a few questions as i have spent a few days banging my head trying to reverse proxy this container with lets encrypt

my first question is is this line posted by CHBMB the only line you need in the text file ?

location /ubooquity {
		proxy_pass http://192.168.0.1:2202/ubooquity;
		include /config/nginx/proxy.conf;	
	}

my second question if its not to much can someone post an example of what it should look like if its more than those few lines.

third when said file is complete what directory should the file be in letsencrypt? site-confs ? should it be in a folder in ubooquity ? i am a complete noob but im good at following step by step instructions i have the posted buttons enabled in ubooquity and i am able to access it via web but beyond that im lost

That config is correct, don't forget you need to restart letsencrypt after modifying the default file and you also need to set the reverse proxy prefix as well in the ubooquity admin config.

280662997_Screenshotfrom2018-05-0120-14-50.png.c5166345af36fe24cb10190b65670c00.png

5 hours ago, Lerxst151 said:

Yes, I have launched a scan from General tab multiple times. I've tried remapping the folder under the Raw Files tab.  I've restarted the container several times. It's Ubooquity version 2.1.1 with the latest pull from dockerhub but I have been having this issue for a few weeks since I first tried putting stuff in the folder for raw files.

What is your run command and which path did you set in the folder for Raw files in Ubooquity?

10 minutes ago, saarg said:

What is your run command and which path did you set in the folder for Raw files in Ubooquity?

From my docker compose file.

- "/mnt/Media-RO/ebooks:/books"
      - "/mnt/Media-RO/Comic_Books:/comics"
      - "/mnt/Media-RO/Magazines:/files"

The books and comics work correctly.  If I shell into the container and look in the /files folder I see the test file that I have there so that part is correct.  I even tried adding the /books to the share in the Ubooquity Raw Files tab and it still doesn't scan it.

33 minutes ago, Lerxst151 said:

From my docker compose file.

- "/mnt/Media-RO/ebooks:/books"
      - "/mnt/Media-RO/Comic_Books:/comics"
      - "/mnt/Media-RO/Magazines:/files"

The books and comics work correctly.  If I shell into the container and look in the /files folder I see the test file that I have there so that part is correct.  I even tried adding the /books to the share in the Ubooquity Raw Files tab and it still doesn't scan it.

This is the Unraid forum.  Discord or our own forum if you're not an unRAID user for support as per the first post in this thread