Nightly email error

rpowers

Hi Everyone,

I've been getting a nightly error email and I don't know what it means or how to fix.  Can someone help?

cron for user root /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/ca.update.applications/scripts/updateApplications.php >dev/null 2>&1/bin/sh: dev/null: No such file or directory

Thanks in advace,

Ryan

I have this problem as well.

I don't know when it started, but it has been about a couple of weeks-ish.

I do see a

"Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/ca.update.applications/include/exec.php on line 100"

on the CA Plugin Auto Update Settings page.

I included a screen shot so you can see my options.

error.jpg.aa29e0c99acaf2ca949c08ee90a63649.jpg

I think doing the update fixed the error message on the setting screen.  Also I have a 13 dockers (11 running).

I changed the scheduled times for docker/plugin updates so I can see which one is giving me the error.  With my luck the process of trying to diagnose it will fix the issue.  (I hate that when that happens)

I changed the scheduled times for docker/plugin updates so I can see which one is giving me the error.  With my luck the process of trying to diagnose it will fix the issue.  (I hate that when that happens)

The spurious email error is from the plugin settings, and is a simple typo on my part that on new installations (ie: remove and reinstall) is fixed.  For existing installations, a setting change will also fix it.

TBH, I didn't anticipate the number of people who would be seeing this, as I expected most people to automatically go and adjust the plugin update time right away, so I never added into the code for the .plg file to outright look for installations that have that typo present and then fix it -> lol  PITA for a one off fix  But with the continuing posts about this, I may reconsider it.

This slipped through my testing, as all I was really looking for was that on the update from Community Applications having this module built in to it to this where the modules are all separate was to make sure that the cron job was indeed being created, and CA proper wouldn't have any references to the cron job itself.  I never noticed that I missed a "/" on the initial cron job (as first thing I do is change the default time to something more suitable for my own purposes).

tldr:  My Bad  It's all my fault  :'(