replaced cache drive and now Docker warning message

optiman

I followed the instructions to upgrade my cache drive using the official instructions, https://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php/Replace_A_Cache_Drive

I have 4 containers / apps, Plex, SB, etc.  I don't want to have to start over and re-configure all of these so I need some help.

After everything is done, the instructions say to now go Enable Docker, go to Settings --> Docker --> Enable.  As soon as I see the Docker screen, there is a banner message at the top of the screen that says:

"Your existing Docker image file needs to be recreated due to an issue from an earlier beta of unRAID 6. Failure to do so may result in your docker image suffering corruption at a later time. Please do this NOW!"

So how do I recreate the docker container and not lose any of my configuration for the containers I'm running?

I'm running 6.2.4

I have not tried to start any of my containers, but Docker is currently Enabled.

So how do I recreate the docker container and not lose any of my configuration for the containers I'm running?

Settings - Docker - Disable the service, then delete the image (may need to hit the advanced button)

Recreate the image

Apps tab, Previous Apps  Re-add your applications, and do not adjust the templates that appear.

After the downloads, it'll be like nothing changed

Ok, deleted it and now recreated it.  Under the Docker tab I see no containers added.  The drop down list shows several options, but I don't recall exactly which ones I originally selected.

I run Plex Media Server

SickRage

SABnzb

CP

In the drop down I see User Defined, which lists several templates all starting with the my-plex, my-sickrage, my-sabnzbd.  Then below that is Default templates, where I see several other options, including sabnzbd, Plex Media Server, etc.  Under  the Default, there are sub sections, one being Limetech, another being Needo, etc.  Dam, which ones do I select to get my stuff back?

how do I know which ones I had before so I select the correct template?  Dam, I wish I would have taken a screenshot before deleting the docker image file.

Since you're doing it old school via the docker tab, you want the user templates (my-sonarr, my-plex, etc)  CA's previous apps section hides the techie stuff from you and presents you with a list of the applications that have been previously installed, but are not currently installed.

Net result is the same however, the template will appear already filled in with the appropriate paths, ports, etc already filled out the exact same way that the app was running previously.

As to which apps you were running, only you can answer that but I wouldn't think that would be too hard to answer...

Since you're doing it old school via the docker tab, you want the user templates (my-sonarr, my-plex, etc)  CA's previous apps section hides the techie stuff from you and presents you with a list of the applications that have been previously installed, but are not currently installed.

Net result is the same however, the template will appear already filled in with the appropriate paths, ports, etc already filled out the exact same way that the app was running previously.

As to which apps you were running, only you can answer that but I wouldn't think that would be too hard to answer...

I know what apps I had installed, just not from which author.  There are like 4 or 5 SB ones alone.  I'll select the my...ones and hope it turns out.

What do you mean I'm doing it Old School?  What is new school?

I know what apps I had installed, just not from which author.  There are like 4 or 5 SB ones alone.  I'll select the my...ones and hope it turns out.

Community Applications - Previous Apps.

I see them now, thanks.  Ok so by hitting the Reinstall button will put them back as docker containers?  So I did not have to download template again, I could have just said Reinstall and it would have put my docker containers back.  It seems you end up with the same result, but easier to just use community Apps and hit Reinstall I guess.

Thanks for helping clear this part up for me.

I see them now, thanks.  Ok so by hitting the Reinstall button will put them back as docker containers?  So I did not have to download template again, I could have just said Reinstall and it would have put my docker containers back.  It seems you end up with the same result, but easier to just use community Apps and hit Reinstall I guess.

Thanks for helping clear this part up for me.

Yeah just hit reinstall and you're good to go....