So, Coming from FreeNAS..

HarshReality

First of all, HI! Long time listener, first time caller...

I've used FreeNAS for years using older equipment but I always run out of space so I've kind of gone overboard..

1st, got a 30u case (threaded hole) with a KVM, 2 power regulators, 5 shelves, exhaust fans, KVM console (minus rails.. got to fix that) and a 16 port GB unmanaged switch. I paid 160 for the whole thing.. He was getting married and lost all sense. I felt bad for taking advantage but I've been married for 12 yrs so I understand the initial insanity.

2nd, got ahold of a SuperMicro 933t (15 bays) 3 redundant suplies & it came with an LSI MegaRaid 300-8X but I mentioned wanting to use unRaid so he sent  two SuperMicro SATA2-MV8 cards.. Has (2) Optron Dual Core 2.4Ghz cpus & 8G of memory in a H8DAE v2.01 mainboard.. that was 170..

Anyway problem is now I have to scrounge funds to get drives for the thing (ha, ha, all this and no guts to run it yet). Im wanting to throw a 6T for Parity (largest size drive) and then I can chuck anything up to 6T into it as I get it. Will pay for the additional license as it grows..

Ayways.. Im open for any ideas on what to do with the thing or suggestions to make it as versatile as possible...

IMG_3552.JPG.02fda2362ca9ae7087431dca26d07cd8.JPG

• 1 year later...