[Support] Linuxserver.io - Booksonic

50 minutes ago, LotusMoves said:

Hey, so I'm getting Connection Failure. Resource not found. I have tried adding /booksonic and tried removing CONTEXT_PATH. I know my port forward works due to me being able to go to mydomin:4040 on a remote pc and be greeted by the login but the android app is throwing the error.

Any Ideas?

Sounds very similar to the issue I was having. CHBMB and myself have posted working configs, reviewing those are the only thing I can really suggest without seeing your nginx reverse proxy config.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You are running the latest version. It's just the author of booksonic that doesn't know how to make a proper release on github. If you check the release tab and check out the 2 commits to master after he made the release, you will see that he changed the code from 1.1 beta to 1.1 release.

Edited by saarg
  • Like 2
  • 1 month later...

I have been running this container for a while without issue but recently i have been getting:

HTTP ERROR: 503

Problem accessing /. Reason:

Service Unavailable

When I try to access the webgui.

My log says:

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.callContextInitialized(ContextHandler.java:843)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletContextHandler.callContextInitialized(ServletContextHandler.java:533)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.startContext(ContextHandler.java:816)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletContextHandler.startContext(ServletContextHandler.java:345)
at org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.startWebapp(WebAppContext.java:1404)
at org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.startContext(WebAppContext.java:1366)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doStart(ContextHandler.java:778)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletContextHandler.doStart(ServletContextHandler.java:262)
at org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.doStart(WebAppContext.java:520)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:68)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.ContainerLifeCycle.start(ContainerLifeCycle.java:131)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.ContainerLifeCycle.doStart(ContainerLifeCycle.java:113)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.AbstractHandler.doStart(AbstractHandler.java:61)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.doStart(ContextHandlerCollection.java:161)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:68)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.ContainerLifeCycle.start(ContainerLifeCycle.java:131)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.ContainerLifeCycle.doStart(ContainerLifeCycle.java:113)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.AbstractHandler.doStart(AbstractHandler.java:61)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.start(Server.java:422)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.ContainerLifeCycle.doStart(ContainerLifeCycle.java:105)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.doStart(Server.java:389)
at org.eclipse.jetty.runner.Runner.run(Runner.java:495)
at org.eclipse.jetty.runner.Runner.main(Runner.java:536)
Caused by:
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'playerService' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationContext-service.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is org.springframework.jdbc.CannotGetJdbcConnectionException: Could not get JDBC Connection; nested exception is java.sql.SQLException: User not found: SA

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, TheExplorographer said:

TAG option on my docker config for this app

Tags go after the repository entry

ie: instead of linuxserver/booksonic you would use linuxserver/booksonic:whateverTag  The appropriate tags are listed in the dockerHub page link on the OP

Should be noted though that once you add a tag to the repository, all updates to the app will cease when updating the docker container until such time as you remove the tag

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, TheExplorographer said:

I will be honest here, No.  I have no idea how to do that, there is no TAG option on my docker config for this app.  The previous version worked fine.

I was able to downgrade to the last release from 3 days ago. If you edit the booksonic docker and change the repository line to "linuxserver/booksonic:1.1.Release-ls46" no quotes. I'll hold it here and try and update later once we see a fix for the 404 error, as I too was getting the same issue.

1 hour ago, Squid said:

Tags go after the repository entry

ie: instead of linuxserver/booksonic you would use linuxserver/booksonic:whateverTag  The appropriate tags are listed in the dockerHub page link on the OP

Should be noted though that once you add a tag to the repository, all updates to the app will cease when updating the docker container until such time as you remove the tag

Thanks for the tip. It took me a second to find the "tags" page on the dockerHub page, but once I did, I was able to use the information to downgrade.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, illsnryhybrid said:

I was able to downgrade to the last release from 3 days ago. If you edit the booksonic docker and change the repository line to "linuxserver/booksonic:1.1.Release-ls46" no quotes. I'll hold it here and try and update later once we see a fix for the 404 error, as I too was getting the same issue.

Thanks for the tip. It took me a second to find the "tags" page on the dockerHub page, but once I did, I was able to use the information to downgrade.

Thank you for the detailed explanation and line.  

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, tylaw1011 said:

With Booksonic being deprecated in favor of Booksonic Bridge according to the dev, are there going to be any more updates to this container?

Will the 404 error that's holding us at ls46 be resolved at least?

Where does the dev say that booksonic bridge is going forward? There haven't been a commit on github for 2 years, so I find that strange.