Norco 4224 Help

mata7

hi guys im planning on get the norco 4224 case and move my server of 8 drive to it, im planning to get 10 more hard drive of maybe 4TB wd red so that will be a total 18 Hard drive, my question is can someone please tell what exactly do i need to connect all this drive, my motherboard i believe only support 8 sata connection, and i will need to connect 18 or 24 hard drive

thanks in advanced

first thanks for all you help, let me ask you, will this work without me have to flash anything

2 of this cards are 16 Hard Drive

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16816101792

plus 8 sata from the board are 24 in total

Yes SAS2LP will work out of box with no flashing necessary.  I think most here though are choosing LSI based controllers these days with unraid. Flashing to IT mode is easy though really nothing to worry about.

Sorry man one more question, how do the hard drive get power? From the card or do i have conect each one to the power supply

Thanks

The Norco chassis has 6 backplanes with 6 molex connections to your power supply. I would only run 2 backplanes per lead so you don't overload anything.