[6.2.0] Unable to install plugins

simse

Using a server monitor and keyboard, or PuTTY (or other terminal Emulator), type the following on the command line:  ping 8.8.8.8

If that works: try this command:    ping google.com

If the first one worked, you can get to the internet.  If the first one worked but the second one did not, you have a DNS issue.  In this case, go to "Setting"  >>>  "Network Settings" and post up a screen capture of that page.

Using a server monitor and keyboard, or PuTTY (or other terminal Emulator), type the following on the command line:  ping 8.8.8.8

If that works: try this command:    ping google.com

If the first one worked, you can get to the internet.  If the first one worked but the second one did not, you have a DNS issue.  In this case, go to "Setting"  >>>  "Network Settings" and post up a screen capture of that page.

That's a very good idea actually. I tried it, and it seems there's no DNS problems.

When trying to install, it seems like, it tries to install the plugin, and just stops prematurely. Not quite sure what's going on.

All those syslogs are literally entries from mover moving Plex's appdata to the array.  Is this really what you want?  Ideally you want appdata to be a cache-only share.

Because of all that, there's very little to go on as to what the problem actually is, except for the folders.txt  which shows that you have been able to install plugins kinda...  You've at least tried to install community applications, but it looks like it crapped out after it installed the appdata backup module.

Only notable thing that I see is that you've got aesir installed.  Aesir is a replacement gui for unRaid that basically is not compatible with the underlying system of dynamix, and *may* interfere with the stock gui.  If you're not actively contributing to that project, you should remove it from the plugins tab or alternatively delete aesir-plugin.plg from /config/plugins on the flash drive and then reboot and start trying things again.

All those syslogs are literally entries from mover moving Plex's appdata to the array.  Is this really what you want?  Ideally you want appdata to be a cache-only share.

You're almost right there. I'm running Plex on my personal desktop, which continuously backs up to my server, Proton. That back-up hits a cache share, which you're obviously right, it shouldn't. So thanks for pointing that out :)

Only notable thing that I see is that you've got aesir installed.  Aesir is a replacement gui for unRaid that basically is not compatible with the underlying system of dynamix, and *may* interfere with the stock gui.  If you're not actively contributing to that project, you should remove it from the plugins tab or alternatively delete aesir-plugin.plg from /config/plugins on the flash drive and then reboot and start trying things again.

I think you might be right on this part. I'll try uninstalling it, and check back. Thanks!

You're almost right there. I'm running Plex on my personal desktop, which continuously backs up to my server, Proton. That back-up hits a cache share, which you're obviously right, it shouldn't. So thanks for pointing that out :)

Beyond that, mover logs everything which fills up /var/log which stock is 128Meg capacity.  This might also have contributed to the problem.  Make the backup share to be array only or cache-only.

Beyond that, mover logs everything which fills up /var/log which stock is 128Meg capacity.  This might also have contributed to the problem.  Make the backup share to be array only or cache-only.

Will most definitely do.

I'm receiving a unRAID OS vplugin: xml parse error is avalable:

plugin: updating: unRAIDServer.plg

Warning: simplexml_load_file(): /tmp/plugins/unRAIDServer.plg:1: parser error : Document is empty in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.plugin.manager/scripts/plugin on line 214

Warning: simplexml_load_file(): in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.plugin.manager/scripts/plugin on line 214

Warning: simplexml_load_file(): ^ in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.plugin.manager/scripts/plugin on line 214

Warning: simplexml_load_file(): /tmp/plugins/unRAIDServer.plg:1: parser error : Document is empty in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.plugin.manager/scripts/plugin on line 214

Warning: simplexml_load_file(): in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.plugin.manager/scripts/plugin on line 214

Warning: simplexml_load_file(): ^ in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.plugin.manager/scripts/plugin on line 214

plugin: xml parse error

Have you rebooted yet?  I see that your using static DNS servers.  Just for giggles, try google's 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4  Are you behind a VPN?

I have tried rebooting after changing to to Google's DNS servers, this did not help the issue however. Yes, and I am behind a VPN, so I tried disabling the network wide VPN, so all the traffic was routed through the Chinese internet. Still nothing.

Note: I am using ExpressVPN and one of their routers

Your other option is to manually download those .plg files, toss them on the flash drive somewhere, then within the plugins tab, navigate and select the .plg and install it that way.  Hopefully the vpn will allow the plg to hit github to download the .txz

That works somewhat. But now I'm seeing a new problem.

+==============================================================================
| Skipping package community.applications-2016.12.05 (already installed)

It's skipping CA, even though it's nowhere to be found.

Your other option is to manually download those .plg files, toss them on the flash drive somewhere, then within the plugins tab, navigate and select the .plg and install it that way.  Hopefully the vpn will allow the plg to hit github to download the .txz

I see it in the plugin list. But there's no 'apps' in the navbar.

delete /var/log/plugins/community.applications.plg

Or, delete the .plg from /boot/config/plugins and reboot and do it again

Or, save the .plg in /boot/config/plugins and reboot

But initial installs of CA is a special case because previous versions of CA included some modules which are now separate (but the .plgs are installed by the CA plugin) which will wind up putting you in the same boat as before because your setup doesn't want to properly download the .plg files for whatever reason.

So realistically, what you've got to do is

DL community.applications.plg and store it at /boot/config/plugins

Make a directory /boot/config/plugins/community.applications

Create a file called "installed" and save it in that folder.  This will tell CA to skip attempting to install the 3 other modules that are included by default.

Either reboot (which will download the .txz during boot up) or delete /var/log/plugins/community.applications.plg and install CA via the navigating to the .plg file.

Next problem after that you may run into would be that your vpn is giving problems accessing github.com

In which case you'll have to manually download https://github.com/Squidly271/community.applications/raw/master/archive/community.applications-2016.12.05.txz and store it within /boot/config/plugins/community.applications

This will at least get CA up and running (and the same procedure will work for any plugin out there)

-