VM wont boot to windows 8.1/10

led1o

I am asking if you can help me to solve VM wont boot with OVMF issue.It going in uefi shell loop nonstop.WONT BOOT.I try everything what can be find on forums.And one more thing,that problem is dated from decembar 2015 and there is no solution on any forum.

Jonp quote from unraid forum: “GPU pass through using SeaBIOS is a complicated beast and its difficult to explain the challenges with it in a way that non-developers can really appreciate / understand. The simplest explanation I can give is that traditional x86 BIOSes weren't originally designed with the idea of virtualization or multiple GPUs serving multiple concurrently running operating systems. SeaBIOS emulates that type of traditional BIOS.  OVMF uses UEFI which doesn't have this issue.

That said, we are addressing the boot issue for OVMF in version 6.2 along with a number of other enhancements. The 6.2 beta is VERY close to release.  „

This is from DECEMBAR 2015 !!!!

I am using 6.2.4 and tryed 6.3.0-rc6 and same problem !!

With SeaBios passthrough of ati radeon rx480 not working, it boots to Windows 8.1/10 but no graphic card passthrough.

Can you help me with that? When i try last year v6 of unraid that worked with r9 7950 graphic card. There is video from LinusTECH where is possible to do that, but for me not working.

Can you give me link where i can download some older version of UNRAID so i can use VM for gaming, on site there is only latest versions who NOT WORKING.

Archived