AOC-SASLP-MV8

I am running 3 AOC-SASLP-MV8 cards using 6.2.4 and suspect that I have a card fault, as drives have disappeared in the past despite cabling / 5x3 caddies being OK

I replaced the defective card, with a other one (second hand) and on booting entered the card's BIOS menu. I found that INT13 was enabled, and subseqeuntly disabled it and exited the BIOS menu.

At this point I was greeted with a blank screen with a flashing cursor, after waiting some time this did not change

I therefore rebooted the server, 2 cards went through the drive detection process (I am aware that the third card does not show a drive detection proceedure), and then the server hung. Normally after the drive detection page is shown there is a very short delay then the motherboard BIOS screen is shown, thereafter UNRAID boots

I have rebooted again, entered the new card's BIOS and checked that INT13 is now disabled. Furthermore the halt on fault option is disabled too

The new card, as well as all the other cards are running the lastest BIOS version 3.21

Stumpted I have put back the card which I suspect as faulty, and the server boots up normally. So it looks like the issue is the new card but I don't know why

Has anyone else seen this issue? I tested the new card beforehand by installing it in a Windows PC, where it worked OK?

The only time I have come across something similar was with an older motherboard that I had that had limited BIOS memory space available. The fix was to disable the RAID on the SASLP-MV8 cards (which requires tweaking the config file). Are you sure you hadn't previously disabled the RAID functionality on your original cards?

When you go into the BIOS of the SASLP cards do they show a RAID option?

hth

Alex