Setting up email notifications...I thought it would be simple????

skyking376

Unraid 6.2.4

Added "fix common problems"

Added "community applications"

Of the pre configured email choices "Gmail" is the first one (and the one I want to use). Actually there are two...Gmail and Gmail with TLS, whatever that means?

I thought I would just have to enter my email address, password,...then "test" but says Authorization failed on the test? I am a total noob...so is there a guide for setting email notifications? I tried some obvious (to me) ideas of "username@gmail" vs just "username" and that didn't work. I don't know what some of the default selections should be on the dozen drop downs. I do have 2 factor authentication setup on my gmail address. Is that the reason?

Thank you for assisting a noob...

Yeah, there's a setting in gmail to allow for less secure connections such as this, can't remember exactly what it's called but if you search on the linuxserver.io website I did an article on COPS which explains what & where the setting is.  I don't use 2FA so don't know if that's the reason, but know that even without 2FA that it won't work until the change that setting.

Hmmm, just checked and the article is no longer on our website, however, strangely it's appeared on another website, here it is

http://126kr.com/article/6cdf64udx0h

Check step 6.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

• 7 months later...