Bluetooth issues

I purchased a cheap BT usb dongle from amazon, and when I connect it to my vm (Win 10) and pass through the USB itself, the VM sees it fine. Until I start trying to use it. Then the BT keeps disconnecting and reconnecting and wont allow any devices to pair (or be paired/connected for more than a few seconds)

So I passed through a  3.1 USB pci device (came with my mobo) when I initially set it up, everything worked like a dream, it was amazing! but now the PC no longer recognizes the BT dongle. and Device manager says it had to disable the pci device due to issues. re enabling doesn't bring it back. Neither does rebooting the VM.

I'm going to assume I just got a bad dongle, but was wondering if anyone had a suggestion. Or even a link to a model that works well with VMs.

Thanks!

• 3 years later...

hi guys

i just got a simplecom NB409 usb 5.0 Bluetooth dongle and unraid is happy to pass it thru to the Windows 10 VM.

i install the drivers and i keep getting the yellow triangle with code 43 with the installed driver. i have downloaded the latest drivers from simplecom website. 

i have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers a few times with no luck.   

cheers

Taz

device manager.jpg

• 3 months later...
On 6/5/2020 at 3:11 AM, Taza said:

hi guys

i just got a simplecom NB409 usb 5.0 Bluetooth dongle and unraid is happy to pass it thru to the Windows 10 VM.

i install the drivers and i keep getting the yellow triangle with code 43 with the installed driver. i have downloaded the latest drivers from simplecom website. 

i have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers a few times with no luck.   

cheers

Taz

device manager.jpg

Did you ever get this figured out? I'm looking for a bluetooth dongle that Unraid will see and allow me to easily passthrough and work in a W10vm. Would like it for game controller.