Some Avahi errors?

starcat

Hi guys,

I just saw that I am getting some error messages from avahi, anyone has any tips for me?

I am running 6.2.0-rc3 with a Pro license. Thanks much in advance.

Dec 18 21:10:32 tower root: Starting Avahi mDNS/DNS-SD Daemon:  /usr/sbin/avahi-daemon -D

Dec 18 21:10:32 tower avahi-daemon[25232]: Failed to find user 'avahi'.

Dec 18 21:10:52 tower root: Timeout reached while wating for return value

Dec 18 21:10:52 tower root: Could not receive return value from daemon process.

Dec 18 21:10:52 tower emhttp: shcmd (876): /etc/rc.d/rc.avahidnsconfd start |& logger

Dec 18 21:10:52 tower root: Starting Avahi mDNS/DNS-SD DNS Server Configuration Daemon:  /usr/sbin/avahi-dnsconfd -D

Dec 18 21:10:52 tower avahi-dnsconfd[25322]: connect(): No such file or directory

Dec 18 21:10:52 tower avahi-dnsconfd[25322]: Failed to connect to the daemon. This probably means that you

Dec 18 21:10:52 tower avahi-dnsconfd[25322]: didn't start avahi-daemon before avahi-dnsconfd.

• 3 months later...

My apologies if adding to this thread is inappropriate, but I'm running into a similar problem as OP. I'm running 3.3 pro license, with avahi issues. I do have the correct avahi entries in my passwd and shadow files. Instead, I seem to be getting a permissions problem.

In my log, this cycle appears every 2-3 minutes:

Mar 31 09:21:24 Tower emhttp: shcmd (839): /etc/rc.d/rc.avahidaemon start |& logger
Mar 31 09:21:24 Tower root: Starting Avahi mDNS/DNS-SD Daemon:  /usr/sbin/avahi-daemon -D
Mar 31 09:21:24 Tower avahi-daemon[17320]: Found user 'avahi' (UID 61) and group 'avahi' (GID 214).
Mar 31 09:21:24 Tower avahi-daemon[17320]: Successfully dropped root privileges.
Mar 31 09:21:24 Tower avahi-daemon[17320]: open(/var/run/avahi-daemon//pid): Permission denied
Mar 31 09:21:24 Tower emhttp: shcmd (840): /etc/rc.d/rc.avahidnsconfd start |& logger
Mar 31 09:21:24 Tower root: Starting Avahi mDNS/DNS-SD DNS Server Configuration Daemon:  /usr/sbin/avahi-dnsconfd -D
Mar 31 09:21:24 Tower avahi-dnsconfd[17328]: connect(): No such file or directory
Mar 31 09:21:24 Tower avahi-dnsconfd[17328]: didn't start avahi-daemon before [email protected]>@qualcomm.com>@linux.it>@linux.it>@netfilter.org>@trash.net>

My pool of two cache drives now appear as unassigned when I boot. I must stop the array, assign the cache drives and restart the array each time. This is probably unrelated to the issue above, but the problems did appear simultaneously so I thought it may be pertinent.

Thanks.

9 minutes ago, madaroda said:

My pool of two cache drives now appear as unassigned when I boot. I must stop the array, assign the cache drives and restart the array each time. This is probably unrelated to the issue above

Unrelated and I can't help with the avahi errors, but for the pool see this FAQ entry:

Thanks johnnie.black. They are unrelated.

I had used Chrome to assign the cache drives. I just rebooted and the drives came up unassigned again. I assigned them in Safari, restarted the array, and the cache drives are back on their own.

Still am getting those avahi errors though

• 1 month later...