Best Usenet Indexers?

SigmaInigma

Is it allowed to discuss running your own indexer by using a couple of dockers and the nerd tools plugin?

Is this being discussed anywhere?  I've considered doing this but not sure I understand everything that's involved.  I've seen a few tutorials for setting up on ubuntu servers but nothing for unRAID.  "A couple of dockers and the nerd tools plugin" sounds easy enough!

No, it's not been discussed lately. There never seemed to be much interest in running newznab here.

Basically I use,

Linuxserver.io Apache docker to run the web interface. This docker has everything needed to make it easy to get running.

A MariaDB docker for the back-end database, any MariaDB or MySQL database docker would work.

NerdTools to install the packages needed to run subversion so I can download newznab from the unRAID command line.

I've been running newznab since before Dockers existed then with Dockers before anyone had an "unRAID Apache" docker. So, I've gone through multiple ways to do it. Running it bare metal actually was fairly easy to do but during one of the unRAID releases there was no support for another web server so I switched to dockers. The Linuxserver.io Apache docker was the first I found to be easily customized so it would just work.

I could start a thread with an overview of what to do to get it running if people are actually interested. The problem is without me actually going through the setup again I would probably miss a step or two. For example, I can't see the newznab initial setup pages unless I started over with it.