RobJ

Windows issues with unRAID

106 posts in this topic Last Reply

Posted (edited)

Got it sorted.
Isolated the entire rest of the network other than the server and my router/modem.
No switches, no UPS, no access points, etc.
Didn't help.

So I could only assume it was something wrong with my settings in Unraid.

It was.

Turns out I overlooked the SMB default setting as "Active Directory" instead of "Workgroup"
As soon as I changed it, presto.

So everyone have a laugh at me, I can take it.
Thanks so much for everyone that has contributed to this thread.
Anyone else that reads this...

<b> Check that you've changed from Active Directory to Workgroup!! </b>

Thanks Guys.

Also, how do I go about requesting another trial?
Burnt 3 out of 4 weeks chasing my tail because I'm an idiot.
Thanks again!

Good News Farnsworth.jpg

Edited by Steve Bal4

11 minutes ago, Steve Bal4 said:

Also, how do I go about requesting another trial?

You can extend the trial twice for another 15 days (30 total).

For anyone who has never ending problems with SMB and Window 10, If you are using WIN10 PRO (or above), you can use NFS instead of SMB.  You will need to be somewhat comfortable in the use of the command line in Windows (called Command Prompt in WIN10).  Note that this will require that you mount your NFS share(s) as a mapped drive(s) in Windows.  If you want to minimize the number of mapped drives, I would suggest using   /mnt/user0  as the mount point.  The following article describes the steps that are necessary.

https://graspingtech.com/mount-nfs-share-windows-10/

I have not yet tried this but it seems fairly straight forward.  Enabling the NFS services will add another command to the Windows shell-- mount which is used to setting up the mapped drive on your Windows computer.  Note that in the instructions, it is setting up the anonymous user as root which could be a potential security risk.  

On 8/29/2019 at 7:12 AM, Frank1940 said:

For anyone who has never ending problems with SMB and Window 10, If you are using WIN10 PRO (or above), you can use NFS instead of SMB.  You will need to be somewhat comfortable in the use of the command line in Windows (called Command Prompt in WIN10).  Note that this will require that you mount your NFS share(s) as a mapped drive(s) in Windows.  If you want to minimize the number of mapped drives, I would suggest using   /mnt/user0  as the mount point.  The following article describes the steps that are necessary.

https://graspingtech.com/mount-nfs-share-windows-10/

I have not yet tried this but it seems fairly straight forward.  Enabling the NFS services will add another command to the Windows shell-- mount which is used to setting up the mapped drive on your Windows computer.  Note that in the instructions, it is setting up the anonymous user as root which could be a potential security risk.  

Thank you. I've been looking at doing this. Getting tired of Windows and all the updates screwing up my SMB shares. 

I am having trouble being able to see my unraid server under networks in explorer. I've looked at the other threads but I'm not getting anywhere. I alteady have the drive mapped but the problem is I have a program I am trying to use that doesn't see the mapped drives. So I can only access it through the network part of explorer. I enabled SMB1, allowed insecure logins, but still nothing.

6 minutes ago, bobbintb said:

I am having trouble being able to see my unraid server under networks in explorer. I've looked at the other threads but I'm not getting anywhere. I alteady have the drive mapped but the problem is I have a program I am trying to use that doesn't see the mapped drives. So I can only access it through the network part of explorer. I enabled SMB1, allowed insecure logins, but still nothing.

I am assuming that you are using WIN10.  Did you do this:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/53172-windows-issues-with-unraid/page/4/?tab=comments#comment-758464