Kinda stuck

In your next post, Attach a diagnostics file.  "Tools'  >>>  "Diagnostics".  That will provide the Gurus with a lot of information about where to go and do next.  (Help may be slow in arriving because of Christmas...) Above all, do not PANIC!!!  If you wait for help, you will probably find that things are not as bad as they first appear. 

How do you know the disk was bad? Connection problems are much more common than bad drives. Diagnostics will help decide what the actual problems are and how to proceed.

Smart report gave 2000 reallocated sectors plus it was at the 3 year mark of on time

Then it read errors. Then it wouldnt spin up

In your next post, Attach a diagnostics file.  "Tools'  >>>  "Diagnostics".  That will provide the Gurus with a lot of information about where to go and do next.  (Help may be slow in arriving because of Christmas...) Above all, do not PANIC!!!  If you wait for help, you will probably find that things are not as bad as they first appear.

I will do that when I get home!! I didn't think about attaching that