Setting up Official Plex Docker

trionify

What they said.

Docker templates are an unRAID feature. Dockers "in the wild" don't have templates. A template is just the saved entries from the Add container page in the unRAID webUI. Once you add the docker, you will have a template for it which you can select from the dropdown on the Add container page if you ever need to install it again.

What they said.

Docker templates are an unRAID feature. Dockers "in the wild" don't have templates. A template is just the saved entries from the Add container page in the unRAID webUI. Once you add the docker, you will have a template for it which you can select from the dropdown on the Add container page if you ever need to install it again.

Thank's for the help everyone. This makes sense. Got it working by editing an existing template.

Merry Christmas.

• 5 months later...

Hey guys, I want to try out the new live tv feature and I am a PlexPass owner. Can I use this docker to enable the PlexPass release? I've changed the dropdown in the Plex gui and it wants a manual install and I tried "-e VERSION=plexpass" in the parameters section 'stealing' from another docker parameter. 

What am I missing. Thanks!

37 minutes ago, Kash76 said:

Hey guys, I want to try out the new live tv feature and I am a PlexPass owner. Can I use this docker to enable the PlexPass release? I've changed the dropdown in the Plex gui and it wants a manual install and I tried "-e VERSION=plexpass" in the parameters section 'stealing' from another docker parameter. 

Probably need to use the entire version number instead of "plexpass"

I'm hitting the same wall. I'm not seeing how we should update our docker in unRAID to the latest plexpass version on the official docker repo to gain access to the Live TV feature. I see they have tags and I tried changing the version to the same "plexpass", but no luck.

Edited by KungFuCowboy

15 hours ago, Kash76 said:

I think I have this sorted. It's simple, but not very spelled out for a newbie like myself. To target the plexpass tag, you just need to append ":plexpass" to the end of the repo name in your settings. I'm attaching an image to illustrate. Hope it helps!

Screen Shot 2017-06-03 at 12.07.50 PM.png

Edited by KungFuCowboy
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 5
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

I actually tried installing the official plex docker, and after I did, it overwrote my linuxserver.io docker.  I only see one Plex Media Server docker in my list which is the official plex docker now.

I edited that docker, adding a few additional folders for media, and after i hit submit, it churned for a bit and then when it returned to the list of dockers, plex is gone.

kind of odd.

ok so i just noticed that it says command failed when i try to add the paths for my content.  i think what happened was that I didnt have the leading slash on the path so it yelled at me telling em that it needed an absolute path.

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='PlexMediaServer' --net='host' --privileged=true -e TZ="America/xxxxxx" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'PLEX_CLAIM'='claim-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx' -e 'PLEX_UID'='99' -e 'PLEX_GID'='100' -e 'VERSION'='latest' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/plexnew/transcode':'/transcode':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/plexnew/data/':'/data':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/movies/Kids Movies/':'kidsmovies':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/RecordedTV/KidsShows/':'kidsshows':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/PlexMediaServer':'/config':'rw' 'plexinc/pms-docker' 

/usr/bin/docker: Error response from daemon: invalid volume specification: '/mnt/user/movies/Kids Movies/:kidsmovies:rw': invalid mount config for type "bind": invalid mount path: 'kidsmovies' mount path must be absolute.
See '/usr/bin/docker run --help'.

The command failed.