Windows Server 2012 VM not showing up in Network on clients

cabldawg

I'm running a Server 2012 Essentials in a VM on my Unraid. All of my client computers and the Unraid server itself show up when I browse the network but the Windows server doesn't. I can contact it, browse it, ping it. It's assigned a static IP address. Can anyone point me in the right direction to have it show up correctly?

I also have another VM running Windows 10. It does show up on the network correctly.

Unraid 6.1.1

Thanks for your reply. The Ws2012 is the DC for the domain. Do you know if that would work?

On another note: I changed the VM network from br0 to a different setting to see if it made any difference. Now unraid is completely inaccessible. I'm guessing I'm going to have to fix unraid from the flash drive. Can you give me some direction on that?

Unraid is back online. The WS2k12 VM is accessible via VNC. The network adapter on the VM is getting an IP address of 192.168.122.233 with a default gateway of 192.168.122.1 via dhcp.

I need this VM to be set static to 192.168.0.2 and gateway of 192.168.0.1

My unraid is set static to 192.168.0.3

After that's fixed then I can try to fix the master browser issue.

That worked for the network connectivity. Thanks.

*Unrelated*

Well...now I the vdisks are corrupt and the VM won't start. There are 3 vdisks and of course the cd iso from the install. Do you happen to know how to repair the mbr or scan the disks from a command line? It just boots up to the Windows repair screen. This sucks as it's a DC and has my client backups on it.

ETA

When booting into a command line and running DISKPART, LIST VIDISK shows no discs. LIST VOLUME shows VOLUME 0 D HRM_SSS0_X6 UDF CDROM 4114 MB HEALTHY

VOLUME 1 E VIRTIO-WIN- CDFS  CDROM 53MB HEALTHY

It appears to me that the vdisks aren't mounting at all.

• 2 months later...
On 12/27/2016 at 3:56 PM, jonathanm said:
On 12/27/2016 at 3:13 PM, cabldawg said:

Unraid is back online. The WS2k12 VM is accessible via VNC. The network adapter on the VM is getting an IP address of 192.168.122.233 with a default gateway of 192.168.122.1 via dhcp.

Change the VM's network bridge from virbr0 to br0, or whatever you named your public bridge in unraid's network setup.

Hi!

I'm having the same issue. However, I only see virbr0, no br0. Can't seem to find anything about how to fix this anywhere.

Please help!

Thanks!

Archived