[support] Spants - Kerberos.io template

spants

• 2 months later...

I played with it a bit. In the web container, it's trying to connect to the machine using the dns name "machinery". I guess that's a docker compose thing. To hack it, I did 

docker exec -it KerberosWebDocker bash
echo "192.168.1.100 machinery" >> /etc/hosts
service nginx start

Then I was able to go to http://192.168.1.100:780/. I could enter the rtsp:// URL for my camera, and get a live stream. But I couldn't get motion detect to work. And you only get 1 camera per machinery+web container pair.

Oh, also, I temporarily mapped my appdata config dir to a different path inside the machinery container, then did the "docker exec" thing to get inside the container and copy the config files into my new path. Then reassigned my host dir to the normal /etc/opt/kerberos/config path inside the container. I don't know if having those config files helped or not... I figured that "hiding" them with the container volume mapping wasn't helping things...

Edited by coppit

I gave up on it too. I checked out ZoneMinder again, got it working, got annoyed by the high CPU usage, and gave up on it. I also looked at MotionEye, but it had even worse CPU usage.

The best turned out to be Xeoma. Super low disk usage and CPU usage, and easy interface. I'll release a Docker container and template for it in a day or two.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello,

I'm trying to use Kerberos.io but nothing seems to work.

Whether in HOST, BRIDGE or other mode, the web interface is inaccessible.

Here is the log, nothing tells me about a possible problem:

2018-06-20 21:00:10,013 CRIT Set uid to user 0
2018-06-20 21:00:10,034 INFO RPC interface 'supervisor' initialized
2018-06-20 21:00:10,034 CRIT Server 'unix_http_server' running without any HTTP authentication checking
2018-06-20 21:00:10,034 INFO supervisord started with pid 8
2018-06-20 21:00:11,036 INFO spawned: 'machinery' with pid 12
2018-06-20 21:00:12,038 INFO success: machinery entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 1 seconds (startsecs)

Thank you for helping me :)

• 2 weeks later...

Seemed very simple to setup, I didn't use the templates tho (don't know how to create one either.... yet).
ssh'd into my unRaid, ran "docker run --name FrontCam -p 8880:80 -p 8889:8889 -d kerberos/kerberos".
Logged in through the webGUI on UNRAID_IP_ADDRESS:8880, set up the camera in config and that was that.
Just need to increment the ports for additional cameras, eg. "docker run --name PorchCam -p 8881:80 -p 8890:8889 -d kerberos/kerberos"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2018 at 9:11 AM, cedricverst said:

@Skip indeed, this is because we've merged the machinery and web containers. The image you are using kerberos/kerberos combines all the necessary software in only 1containers. This would fix all previous mentioned comments by: @spants and @coppit.

Would be great if someone could create a template.

Thanks for doing this!. It will make life easier. BTW, is onvif fully supported now?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I managed to get it to run and work using these settings

I couldn't figure out how to map the config folder for kerberos itself however so i'm assuming an update would wipe the settings within. One thing i did notice was it seems very memory heavy. A single 3mp camera was causing the docker to pull at least 3GB memory (climbing quickly) and 2 full system cores on my 5960x

Safe to say my windows 10 vm running blue iris pulls around 2gb with a full windows install and a tiny 3% of 4 cores allocated in comparison

Regards,

Jamie

settings.PNG

• 1 year later...