Lost web access and access to shares

chip

I have had my new MB/Mem/CPU in place for about two weeks.

Today at some point I lost web access and share access.

I could ping the server.

I could browse to the root and get to the flash, cache drive, and unassigned drive but none of the share drives.

I also could telnet into it and run diagnostics.

When I looked at the login screen after I hooked up a monitor it says

Tower login: grep:/etc/php-fpm.d/www.conf: No such file or directory multiple times.

I have attached the log file from around time it started having issues.

syslog.zip

Since you say you could get diagnostics why didn't you post the complete diagnostics instead of just the syslog?

Lots of this in your syslog. Any idea what it is?

Dec 28 06:12:01 HPTower crond[2495]: failed parsing crontab for user root: # Monthly software - data backup - This command is run every 1st of the monthâ€

Yeah I have a cron job I run but I don't recall ever seeing this error when it ran before -

# Monthly software - data backup - This command is run every 1st of the month”

00 23 1 * * rsync -avh --progress --log-file=/mnt/cache/RSYNCSoftwareLOG.log --stats /mnt/user/files/software /mnt/disk3/unRAID_Monthly

00 4 1 * * rsync -avh --progress --log-file=/mnt/cache/RSYNCDataLOG.log --stats /mnt/user/files/Data /mnt/disk3/unRAID_Monthly

Since you say you could get diagnostics why didn't you post the complete diagnostics instead of just the syslog?

Lots of this in your syslog. Any idea what it is?

Dec 28 06:12:01 HPTower crond[2495]: failed parsing crontab for user root: # Monthly software - data backup - This command is run every 1st of the monthâ€

Those 3 characters at the front of the cronfile are Unicode Byte Marks. You need to modify or delete and recreate the file using a normal Ascii file editor instead of a Unicode text editor.

Issues again today things were fine this morning. All I did was try to rename a folder and things started to get odd -

Can't get to webui

Can't run diagnostics from telnet

Can't get to shares

Can telnet and if I run this tail -f --lines=99 /var/log/syslog I don't see anything that stands out for today.

Can ping

Can get to root of server but not into any shares

I am not in front of it at the moment so not sure if anything is on the screen either.

Again today.

Can't run diagnostics.

Can't get to shares.

Once in a while I can get to my disk shares but not my shares

Can telnet into it again.

My VM is running fine which is on unmounted disk.

I can get to my Plex web page for my docker as well as my handbrake.

Also what is the best way to reboot this from putty? I looked at this  - http://www.lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php/Manage_from_Telnet but no good.

Chip,

If you figure out what the "grep:/etc/php-fpm.d/www.conf: No such file or directory" is let me know I have been getting it off and on over the last month. It does not seem to affect anything just keeps scrolling up the terminal screen.  Thanks

At the monitor it says

Tower login: [glow=red,2,300]grep:/etc/php-fpm.d/www.conf: No such file or directory[/glow]

What does that Mean?

Interesting after a restart and starting up the array I noticed that the above popped up on the screen. Why is that?

• 2 weeks later...

It happened again tonight

No web access, lost access to shares......

Can Telnet, ping can't run diagnostics from telnet. just sits at "Starting diagnostics collection......

Is there a way to start from scratch but keep data and drive configuration?

Thanks

Chad

Chip,

If you figure out what the "grep:/etc/php-fpm.d/www.conf: No such file or directory" is let me know I have been getting it off and on over the last month. It does not seem to affect anything just keeps scrolling up the terminal screen.  Thanks

At the monitor it says

Tower login: [glow=red,2,300]grep:/etc/php-fpm.d/www.conf: No such file or directory[/glow]

What does that Mean?

Interesting after a restart and starting up the array I noticed that the above popped up on the screen. Why is that?

I think I get Tower login: grep:/etc/php-fpm.d/www.conf: No such file or directory from having the Tips and Tricks plugin installed. I see that message immediately upon booting my server, but then if I go into Tips and Tricks, the message repeats on the screen eight more times.

ConsoleTroubleshooting.png.48f22be76b984bd628fbb0789e091d50.png

FCP in troubleshooting mode was not running.  (You have to re-enable troubleshooting mode after every reboot)

Nothing outright obvious in the syslog beyond your Hitachi drive (looks like its mounted outside of the array) having problems either with its controller or the cabling to it.