libusb error do close

I have been getting the below error on one of my VMs. It happens almost daily. Restarting the VM works sometimes but lately it just happens again within minutes. I haven't had much luck finding any info on this at least that is helpful. Also just to note no usb devices were disconnected at least physically. Please let me know if there are other logs or info needed would be happy to provide it. Thanks

libusb: error [_open_sysfs_attr] open /sys/bus/usb/devices/3-3.4.1/bConfigurationValue failed ret=-1 errno=2
libusb: error [do_close] Device handle closed while transfer was still being processed, but the device is still connected as far as we know
libusb: warning [do_close] A cancellation for an in-flight transfer hasn't completed but closing the device handle
libusb: error [do_close] Device handle closed while transfer was still being processed, but the device is still connected as far as we know
libusb: error [do_close] A cancellation hasn't even been scheduled on the transfer for which the device is closing

Also to add details of the VMs being run. They are running Linux Mint 18 KDE they are assigned 8 cores and 8 GB ram. For usb devices they each have usb keyboard and mouse and a usb sound card on all but one of three VMs. The third VM is using the on board sound. Passing through pci for video cards.

• 3 years later...