Libreelec kernel panic

No idea what happened, but my libreelec VM won't boot. Just says kernel panic not syncing.

Deleted it, re-installed a few times, same thing.

Used to work fine, nothing has really changed on my end, so no idea what is happening.

The generic image boots, loads and let's be install, so the first part works. But the important part that I need, fails.

Just curious if anyone has seen this and has some ideas.

No idea what happened, but my libreelec VM won't boot. Just says kernel panic not syncing.

Deleted it, re-installed a few times, same thing.

Used to work fine, nothing has really changed on my end, so no idea what is happening.

The generic image boots, loads and let's be install, so the first part works. But the important part that I need, fails.

Just curious if anyone has seen this and has some ideas.

Did you have auto updates set to on? I believe unraid's version uses a custom kernel and should only be updated via the unraid gui. If you update it within libreelec, there is a kernel mismatch.

You should be able to recreate the vm while keeping your data intact (it should all be in a user share) and be sure to keep auto updates in le off

EDIT: rereading your post, it seems I may have assumed. Are you using unraid's built in le vm or one from scratch?

yes, rebooted the server and then everything booted OK.

I also learned that if I set the Audio Card to none, then it boots OK too.  But libreelec without an audio card doesnt help me.

It is very strange because this used to work perfectly fine in the past.  Even rebooting.  I thought the release issue was with nvidia only, I have AMD.

Regardless, this is stupid and bad, is it an unraid issue or a VM in general issue?  before I was on 6.2 i rarely had issue.  Now, i flip to the VM and there is no video, I cannot connect with yatse remote so the only thing I can do it reboot.  I know on 6.1.9 i did this a few times, but on 6.2 it is way more often.  I dont know if it is the vm going to sleep, and issue with the vm or 6.2 in general, but I know rebooting the host every time is not a good fix.  So, I just want to get a good understanding of what to expect.  I have an old system I can load up if needed, but the vm solution was just simpler.

hopefully this is something we can fix or make go away

yes, rebooted the server and then everything booted OK.

I also learned that if I set the Audio Card to none, then it boots OK too.  But libreelec without an audio card doesnt help me.

It is very strange because this used to work perfectly fine in the past.  Even rebooting.  I thought the release issue was with nvidia only, I have AMD.

Regardless, this is stupid and bad, is it an unraid issue or a VM in general issue?  before I was on 6.2 i rarely had issue.  Now, i flip to the VM and there is no video, I cannot connect with yatse remote so the only thing I can do it reboot.  I know on 6.1.9 i did this a few times, but on 6.2 it is way more often.  I dont know if it is the vm going to sleep, and issue with the vm or 6.2 in general, but I know rebooting the host every time is not a good fix.  So, I just want to get a good understanding of what to expect.  I have an old system I can load up if needed, but the vm solution was just simpler.

hopefully this is something we can fix or make go away

The reset issue is with AMD cards mostly.

• 4 weeks later...