[Support] Linuxserver.io - Medusa

linuxserver_medium.png

Application Name: Medusa

Application Site: https://github.com/pymedusa/Medusa

Docker Hub: https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/medusa/

Github: https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-medusa

Please post any questions/issues relating to this docker you have in this thread.

If you are not using Unraid (and you should be!) then please do not post here, instead head to linuxserver.io to see how to get support.

Edited by linuxserver.io
  • Upvote 1

Interesting... is this now the actively developed fork of SickBeard/Rage?

I switched over to Sonarr only because of lack of detection of failed downloads of Sickrage. Does anyone know if this handles failed downloads better with NZBGet? I miss the subtitle feature from Sickrage....

Thanks!!

I switched over to Sonarr only because of lack of detection of failed downloads of Sickrage. Does anyone know if this handles failed downloads better with NZBGet? I miss the subtitle feature from Sickrage....

Thanks!!

Looks like it has both of those features you want.

Thanks!!

Medusa gets a failed download notification from nzbToMedia (https://github.com/clinton-hall/nzbToMedia/wiki/nzbget). And nzbToMedia can be used as a processing script, with some nice features. It works the same with sabnzbd.

Thanks!!

The team behind Sickrage moved over to Medusa apart from one member as we had a falling out. Medusa is really active and we try to get a new release out every 1- 2 weeks.

If we're missing anything that would allow you to move over please just open an issue on Github and we'd be happy to help.  :)

Thanks!!

The team behind Sickrage moved over to Medusa apart from one member as we had a falling out. Medusa is really active and we try to get a new release out every 1- 2 weeks.

If we're missing anything that would allow you to move over please just open an issue on Github and we'd be happy to help.  :)

Thanks for the comments...! I will give the scripts a good read and try it out.

Sadly I cannot get Medusa to connect to NZBGet docker. I put in the proper ip:port# (I tried all combinations), user/pass and I get "Unable to connect to host".

In NZBGet I get a message: "Non-nzbget request received on port 6789 from 172.17.0.1"

Any ideas?

What is the easiest way to convert from the LIO/SickRage docker and keep database/settings intact?

Thanks

Myk

I cannot make sure this works, but to be safe, this is what I would do.

Assuming you store your sickrage in /mnt/cache/appdata/sickrage copy that folder and rename the folder /mnt/cache/appdata/medusa.

Then when you add the new Medusa docker, point it to install in path in green above.

Fixed the nzbget issue.  Thanks @ThisIsXO

Just re-installed the Docker... same problem.... has the fix been merged into the Medusa Github? Is the Docker re-built?

Thanks for all this!

It'll be merged within the next 6 hours, if you really need it working now just save the settings as it's only the test button that's broken.

If you ever need fixes like this just use `docker exec -it medusa bash` then `cd app/medusa && git checkout develop && git pull` then just restart the container and you're good to go. :)

Subs don't work. If I select one provider (or multiple) and save the changes, everything is fine. But as soon as I leave the settings and take a look back, all of them are back unselected.

And I went all in when I saw that this is currently developed instead of sickrage  ::)

We are  just packaging this into docker.  Far more helpful if you post issues on the Medusa site.

Subs don't work. If I select one provider (or multiple) and save the changes, everything is fine. But as soon as I leave the settings and take a look back, all of them are back unselected.

And I went all in when I saw that this is currently developed instead of sickrage  ::)

Please open an issue on our Github and I'll have one of the devs looking into this.

https://github.com/pymedusa/Medusa/issues/new

I screwed up and broke that, it's fixed in develop and will be in master in a week or so. Sorry.

I screwed up and broke that, it's fixed in develop and will be in master in a week or so. Sorry.

Thought I was the only one that did things like that....  ;D

• 3 months later...

So after having issues with Sonarr and Sickrage, I have decided on someone else's advice to try Medusa. I am having similar issues with Medusa that i was having with Sickrage, namely that episodes are being copied into the correct folder, but not the season folder.

So for example, I have a folder for a show called ABC 123, inside this folder I have folders named Season 1 and Season 2. I go to download abc.123.S02e09 and it gets downloaded, copied to my tv server but dumped in the ABC 123 show folder, not the Season 2 folder where it should go.

I am sure there is a setting in Medusa somewhere, but I couldn't find it in Sickrage.

1 minute ago, ashman70 said:

So after having issues with Sonarr and Sickrage, I have decided on someone else's advice to try Medusa. I am having similar issues with Medusa that i was having with Sickrage, namely that episodes are being copied into the correct folder, but not the season folder.

So for example, I have a folder for a show called ABC 123, inside this folder I have folders named Season 1 and Season 2. I go to download abc.123.S02e09 and it gets downloaded, copied to my tv server but dumped in the ABC 123 show folder, not the Season 2 folder where it should go.

I am sure there is a setting in Medusa somewhere, but I couldn't find it in Sickrage.

@strike Looks like he posted the correct answer for you in the Sickrage thread. 

11 minutes ago, ashman70 said:

His suggestion didn't work.

You didn't enter what he suggested from what I can see.

Season %0S/%SN - S%0SE%0E - %EN

Would be what I would use in Medusa, just had a quick look at it in Medusa.

Looking at sickrage and your screenshot you had entered %S.N.Season%0S.SE%0E.%SQ.N.%RG there's no slashes in there to indicate directory structure which is why it wasn't working.

EDIT: I don't use either of these containers but the regex seems the same for both, so should work for either of them.  

Edited by CHBMB

Ok I think I have this sorted now, thanks for your help.

Another question, some shows are showing foreign languages on some posters, my language is set to English, any reason why this might be? Is there a way to change the poster image? I have looked and I can't seem to find one. Here are a couple of samples.

OITNB.jpeg

the crown.jpeg

blindspot.jpeg

black mirror.jpeg