[Support] Linuxserver.io - Medusa

1 hour ago, ashman70 said:

Another question, some shows are showing foreign languages on some posters, my language is set to English, any reason why this might be? Is there a way to change the poster image?

There are a couple ways to do this:

1. Go to your show dir delete poster.jpg, go to your docker dir medusa/cache/images and delete the poster there as well as the poster in the thumbnails folder, they are named after the showid on the indexer you're using (295647.poster.jpg). After you have done that go to medusa webui an click on the show, and click force full update. Medusa will now pull images from the indexer.

I'm guessing you're using thetvdb, I'm not sure if this is the case for all indexers but for thetvdb medusa is pulling the last poster listed on thetvdb, and I think the issue lies here. So if you're trying the above it will probably pull the last poster again. So go to 2 or 3

2. Change indexer

3. Manually download the poster you want and place it in your show dir naming it poster.jpg delete the poster in your docker cache again and do a force full update, medusa will now pull the poster from your show dir since you already have it there. I don't remember if you have to put it in medusa/cache/images/thumbnails to but if you decide to do that be sure to name it after the showid (295647.poster.jpg)

Edited by strike

You set the indexer when you add the show, so unfortunately I believe you have to delete the show from medusa (be sure to not delete the actual episodes if you have them, medusa will ask) and add it again, this time choosing an another indexer, tvmaze would be a good choice I think.  Also, you set the default indexer for when you're adding shows in the general configuration settings "use initial indexer set to".

A nice feature would be to able to edit the show, change the indexer and just force a full update on the show. Another would be to pull random posters from the indexer to eliminate this poster problem. I will take this to the devs and see what they say.

Just as an FYI the real problem with the posters are that they are marked with the wrong language tag on the indexer. So a random poster in the language set in medusa would be better imo.

I have noticed another problem. I have a few shows that air tonight say at 9pm and they are in the queue, I see in the logs at 9:57 that for some reason Medusa sets their status to 'skipped' any idea why its doing this? I've also noticed that more often then not, an hour or more after a show has aired, I still have to go in an do an auto search on the episode in the schedule to get it to be downloaded, it doesn't seem to be doing it automatically.

7-04-17 21:54:08 INFO POSTPROCESSOR :: [a011615] Feature 'postpone post-processing if no subtitle available' is enabled
2017-04-17 21:54:10 INFO POSTPROCESSOR :: [a011615] PostProcessing Path: /downloads/completed
2017-04-17 21:55:25 INFO DAILYSEARCHER :: [a011615] Setting status (Skipped) for show airing today: xxx.xxx.xxx- S01E06 - xxx.xxx
2017-04-17 21:55:25 INFO DAILYSEARCHER :: [a011615] Setting status (Skipped) for show airing today: xxx - S01E11 -xxx
2017-04-17 21:55:25 INFO DAILYSEARCHER :: [a011615] Setting status (Skipped) for show airing today: xxx - S06E22 - xxx

Something is definitely wrong, I assume in my settings somewhere. I have three shows in my schedule that aired at 10pm its now 11:45 and I can find all three shows listed in my NZB providers however Medusa is not downloading them her logs say:

2017-04-17 23:44:13 INFO SEARCHQUEUE-DAILY-SEARCH :: [a011615] Beginning daily search for new episodes
2017-04-17 23:44:16 INFO SEARCHQUEUE-DAILY-SEARCH :: [a011615] Using daily search providers
2017-04-17 23:44:16 INFO SEARCHQUEUE-DAILY-SEARCH :: [a011615] Using daily search providers
2017-04-17 23:44:18 INFO SEARCHQUEUE-DAILY-SEARCH :: [a011615] No needed episodes found

So for some reason she is saying No needed episodes found which is false. A quick check of each of these three shows and their status has been changed to 'skipped' instead of 'wanted' I don't know which setting is changing them to skipped.

When you add a show you have to set the default episode status, and you have obviously set that setting to skipped. There are 2 settings when you add as show if I remember correctly, default episode status (for all future episodes) and previous episode status. Since you have set the wrong setting when you added the show, you have to click edit on each show and change default episode status to wanted, and manually change the status to wanted for each episode that is already aired.

On 1/3/2017 at 8:36 AM, CHBMB said:
On 1/3/2017 at 8:34 AM, hernandito said:

Interesting... is this now the actively developed fork of SickBeard/Rage?

I switched over to Sonarr only because of lack of detection of failed downloads of Sickrage. Does anyone know if this handles failed downloads better with NZBGet? I miss the subtitle feature from Sickrage....

Thanks!!

Looks like it has both of those features you want.

I would like to re-visit my initial question about Medusa. Anyone here successfully implementing the failed download feature with NZBGet? Specifically, does one have to use the NZBtoMedia third party scripts for this to work? I hear some say that you do and some that you don't... curious to know exactly how to configure this.

Many thanks,

H.

EDIT:

Found the answer...

https://github.com/pymedusa/Medusa/wiki/NZBtoMedia

Edited by hernandito

AFAIK you have to use NZBtoMedia for it to work. For an 100% correct answer you should ask the devs on IRC (#pymedusa on freenode), or github. But I'm 90% sure that you have to use NZBtoMedia. I'm also pretty sure you can find a guide on how to configure it if you try a google search, I know I have seen it somewhere. But that was for sickrage, don't think it has changed for medusa though.

7 hours ago, strike said:

When you add a show you have to set the default episode status, and you have obviously set that setting to skipped. There are 2 settings when you add as show if I remember correctly, default episode status (for all future episodes) and previous episode status. Since you have set the wrong setting when you added the show, you have to click edit on each show and change default episode status to wanted, and manually change the status to wanted for each episode that is already aired.

Thanks I was wondering about this myself.

I have another question. Lets say I want to grab a show that has been on the air for five seasons. I put the show in, Medusa does her thing and starts grabbing seasons. Lets say she grabs all the seasons but seasons 1 and 2 fail to download properly. If I manually grab them, how do I tell Medusa I have them, or will it scan my folders, find them and mark them as downloaded?

If you grab things manually you have to put them in your post processing folder so medusa can do the post processing and mark them as downloaded. That's the proper way to do it, or you can put them directly in your show dir I guess but then you have to go to the show and click on re-scan to get medusa to mark them as downloaded. 

So I just updated to the latest release of Medusa and the webui is unavailable, it simply won't open. The logs seem to indicate a crash every time you try to access the webui. How do I rollback to the previous version?

2017-04-21 19:43:49 ERROR Thread-16 :: [9c19b10] Exception generated: Cant locate template for uri u'home.mako'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/app/medusa/medusa/server/web/core/base.py", line 259, in async_call
result = function(**kwargs)
File "/app/medusa/medusa/server/web/home/handler.py", line 134, in index
t = PageTemplate(rh=self, filename='home.mako')
File "/app/medusa/medusa/server/web/core/base.py", line 61, in __init__
self.template = lookup.get_template(filename)
File "/app/medusa/lib/mako/lookup.py", line 259, in get_template
"Cant locate template for uri %r" % uri)
TopLevelLookupException: Cant locate template for uri u'home.mako'

2017-04-21 19:45:16 ERROR Thread-16 :: [9c19b10] Exception generated: Cant locate template for uri u'home.mako'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/app/medusa/medusa/server/web/core/base.py", line 259, in async_call
result = function(**kwargs)
File "/app/medusa/medusa/server/web/home/handler.py", line 134, in index
t = PageTemplate(rh=self, filename='home.mako')
File "/app/medusa/medusa/server/web/core/base.py", line 61, in __init__
self.template = lookup.get_template(filename)
File "/app/medusa/lib/mako/lookup.py", line 259, in get_template
"Cant locate template for uri %r" % uri)
TopLevelLookupException: Cant locate template for uri u'home.mako'

It appears to be functioning, its just the webgui is not accessible.

Edited by ashman70

Before you try to rollback try to stop the docker, see if there is a mako folder in medusa/cache/ (don't remember if it gets deleted at reboot), If it's there delete it and start the docker and see if it works. If not you can try to rollback to the previous version by editing the docker and adding

:

followed by the tag for the previous version in the repository field. For medusa it would be like this

linuxserver/medusa:29

Then apply to download.

To find the tag you go to the dockerhub site and click the tags link. When you're ready to update again you can just remove what you added in the repository field or change the tag to

latest

• 2 months later...

I was playing around with Medusa and copied a show over from SickBeard. Figured I would add it and see how Medusa works.

The show had 3 seasons. But strangely when it added, the first two seasons added fine and the shows were recognized. But the third season Medusa decided it wanted to re-download all of the episodes rather than calalog the files that were there. i canceled the downloads and moved it back for now.

Any idea what happened or how to avoid this behavior.

The episodes, as far as I can tell, were in the quality settings I had selected. But regardless, I'd expect Medusa to merely re-catalog when adding an existing show, not go searching for new versions to download.

Not sure how to get support for Medusa directly, and thought I would check here to see if any unRAIDers could help.