[Support] Linuxserver.io - Medusa

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I am trying to restart Medusa however the log is saying it is waiting for a POSTPROCESSOR thread to exit, it's been this way for over twenty minutes now, I think it's stuck. My cache drive was getting full and for some reason Medusa got stuck moving a file to my other server about eight hours ago, it never completed the task because the entire file did not get copied. Is there a way to force kill medusa without rebooting the server? My server is running a parity check and I'd rather not interrupt it with a reboot if I can avoid it.

2 minutes ago, ashman70 said:

How would I do that? Here is what I did.

I went to settings/docker and changed enable docker from YES to NO and hit apply. The docker service in the top right hand corner still said running though.

That's what I would have tried.

Could try

killall dockerd

• 3 weeks later...

Question, where in Medusa do you choose episode quality. For example, let's say a show in 720p averages 1-2GB in size, but there are some releases out there that for some reason are larger, say 5GB. How can you tell Medusa that you only want the smaller ones not the larger ones? Is there such an option for this? I know in some of the movie download apps you can select quality and size, this is what I am looking for.

I'm guessing you have used sonarr or radarr.... That feature is in those programs, it's not possible in Medusa unfortunately. They do plan on a heavy redo of quality settings which is going to be really powerful but no idea when it will happen, I'm sure not soon.

You could use prefered words, undesirable words, ignored or required words if there is a specific group or any thing in the title that you can try to single out and filter out the larger files.

• Like 1

I don't think sabnzbd has any size limit. The other thing you could do if you are into this kind of thing is a pre-queue script. It's likely possible to see the category, being TV and then fail/reject the download if above a specific size and then send that back to Medusa so it will try another version. It would unfortunately limit all your shows for a max file size. Unless you add show names to the script.

Slightly better alternative to manual, again it will be a blanket for all shows but you could have them added to sabnzbd as paused so you can review whats queued up. Or switch to sonarr. Both programs have their strengthens and weakness. This is a good example of that. Another option is to run both if you like medusa for the most part but have a few shows that need to have a size limit.

• 3 months later...

Question, I am not sure if this is a Medusa setting or SABnzb setting, I have checked both and cannot find it.

I am using both of these programs to download tv episodes from Usenet, they work great together, no issues.

Sometimes however, an episode will get downloaded that is clearly wrong, because of it's size, it's less than 100MB.

Where do I set minimum sizes for episodes?