[Support] Linuxserver.io - Medusa

On 2/12/2018 at 3:13 AM, ashman70 said:

Question, where in Medusa do you choose episode quality. For example, let's say a show in 720p averages 1-2GB in size, but there are some releases out there that for some reason are larger, say 5GB. How can you tell Medusa that you only want the smaller ones not the larger ones? Is there such an option for this? I know in some of the movie download apps you can select quality and size, this is what I am looking for.

Normally only some WEB-DL or BluRay releases are that big! As the HDTV releases usually doesn't reach those sizes, have you tried to make "Preferred" resolutions for just HDTV for the show(s) in question? 

27 minutes ago, ashman70 said:

Question, I am not sure if this is a Medusa setting or SABnzb setting, I have checked both and cannot find it.

I am using both of these programs to download tv episodes from Usenet, they work great together, no issues.

Sometimes however, an episode will get downloaded that is clearly wrong, because of it's size, it's less than 100MB.

Where do I set minimum sizes for episodes?

I don't think there's even eps x265 with such size! Are those episodes really less than 100MB on your nzbindexer?  If not, you may be grabbing the release too quickly (???)

2 minutes ago, ashman70 said:

These aren't x265 but x264, I don't know what the files are but they are getting grabbed and I'd prefer to be able to say something like 'no less than 500MB' somewhere.

That feature is not implemented with Medusa atm! If you want to keep using it, I recommend you investigate further why those releases are being grabbed! I'm afraid there's not much else to do...

@ashman70 The way to deal with this in medusa is to add the particular release group to the global ignored words. That will stop medusa from grabbing them. If those eps don't have a release group in the name try to find some other word/words that are specific to those releases you don't want and add them to the ignored list. 

Perhaps someone here could assist me as Ive tried looking everywhere else,but cannot find any info on my issue. I am toying around with moving from sickrage to medusa atm I used a copy of the sickbeard.db and imported it into medusa, but none of the episode qualities match what i have in sickrage  ie in sickrage a file marked as sd dvd comes up as 720p hdtv and its not just the sd dvd its all of them. I was going to manually change the quality,but i dont even see a method to do that.

Couple reasons why this could happen.

I know they had a bug which I think is fixed now where all .mp4 files came up as unknown quality.

Medusa just looks at the file name, type and I think may inspect the file a little bit.

But it can never know the source of the file so it really only can determine resolution.

Which in turn really only will use the labels, sdtv, 720p hdtv and 1080p hdtv. Even it the source is a bluray or DVD.

Either way the most foolproof way to move from Sickrage to Medusa is to include the quality in the file name. Since the source is part of the quality when you rename.

It's a pita but if you rename all your files to include the quality in Sickrage, then add that show to Medusa it will read the quality and source from the file name.

As far as downloading files too small. If you are using the nzbtomedia script (you should be). There is a setting in there which you can set to a minimum file size. So if you set it to say 105mb anything smaller then that will return a failed download to medusa. Not of nice of a solution as not grabbing the file at all (like setting a minimum size in Medusa) but since that's not possible atm it's something.

And regarding using ignored words. I know prefered and undesirable words have been broken for a few months now. Not sure if that also includes ignored. It will be fixed in 0.2.6 though. And I would definitely suggest finding groups to prefer. I personally think this is the best feature of Medusa.

All of my files from sickrage use the following naming patern 

Season %0S/%SN - S%0SE%0E - %EN - %QN - %RT

Season 02/Show Name - S02E03 - Ep Name - 720p HDTV - PROPER.ext

I will try re scanning all of my shows

an example would be

Season 01/The 100 - S01E01 - Pilot - SD DVD.mkv

medusa reports

Archived 720p HDTV

I tried to rescan this one show and no change.

Edited by Ryan B

I found rescan, for whatever reasons, doesn't really do a clean rescan. It's bugged me for awhile, probably should bring that up as an issue at some point.

Delete the show. Restart medusa. Add the show and see what it does. I found that's the only way for it to forget and actually read the file name.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I've been having major issues with Medusa lately, All of a sudden it's reporting that a directory for one of my shows is missing, I can't stop the docker and when I try to restart it the log is just stuck on reporting that my show directory is missing. Any help would be appreciated.

5 minutes ago, ashman70 said:

I've been having major issues with Medusa lately, All of a sudden it's reporting that a directory for one of my shows is missing, I can't stop the docker and when I try to restart it the log is just stuck on reporting that my show directory is missing. Any help would be appreciated.

If you can't stop the container, a reboot is your only solution (most likely force it off by holding the power button). 

• 3 weeks later...

Ok this is driving me round the bend, need help.

I added a new show to Medusa called Making It. Medusa added the folder under my /TV share. I grabbed the episodes manually and now Medusa is complaining that the show is not in my list. I've removed some details in case they may violate board rules and replaced them with xxx's. But the show is definitely in my list, I've added Making.It as a scene exception, I've removed and re added the show, I've renamed the show folders Making It by removing the . between Making.It and still Medusa claims the show is not in my list. I get this a lot but usually added the scene exception resolves it. Any ideas?

2018-08-20 15:31:09 WARNING POSTPROCESSOR :: [f5973b2] Processing failed for /downloads/completed/TV/Making It.xxxxx: This show isn't in your list, you need to add it before post-processing an episode
2018-08-20 15:31:09 WARNING POSTPROCESSOR :: [f5973b2] Problem(s) during processing, failed for the following files/folders:
2018-08-20 15:31:09 WARNING POSTPROCESSOR :: [f5973b2] /downloads/completed/TV/Making It.xxxxxxx: Processing failed: This show isn't in your list, you need to add it before post-processing an episode
2018-08-20 15:31:09 WARNING POSTPROCESSOR :: [f5973b2] /downloads/completed/TV/Making Itxxxxxxx Processing failed: This show isn't in your list, you need to add it before post-processing an episode
2018-08-20 15:31:09 WARNING POSTPROCESSOR :: [f5973b2] /downloads/completed/TV/Making Itxxxxxx: Processing failed: This show isn't in your list, you need to add it before post-processing an episode

What's weirder is if I do a manual search, it can't find anything, yet if I search myself, I can find the episodes. Odd

Edited by ashman70
1 hour ago, ashman70 said:

Ok this is driving me round the bend, need help.

I added a new show to Medusa called Making It. Medusa added the folder under my /TV share. I grabbed the episodes manually and now Medusa is complaining that the show is not in my list. I've removed some details in case they may violate board rules and replaced them with xxx's. But the show is definitely in my list, I've added Making.It as a scene exception, I've removed and re added the show, I've renamed the show folders Making It by removing the . between Making.It and still Medusa claims the show is not in my list. I get this a lot but usually added the scene exception resolves it. Any ideas?

2018-08-20 15:31:09 WARNING POSTPROCESSOR :: [f5973b2] Processing failed for /downloads/completed/TV/Making It.xxxxx: This show isn't in your list, you need to add it before post-processing an episode
2018-08-20 15:31:09 WARNING POSTPROCESSOR :: [f5973b2] Problem(s) during processing, failed for the following files/folders:
2018-08-20 15:31:09 WARNING POSTPROCESSOR :: [f5973b2] /downloads/completed/TV/Making It.xxxxxxx: Processing failed: This show isn't in your list, you need to add it before post-processing an episode
2018-08-20 15:31:09 WARNING POSTPROCESSOR :: [f5973b2] /downloads/completed/TV/Making Itxxxxxxx Processing failed: This show isn't in your list, you need to add it before post-processing an episode
2018-08-20 15:31:09 WARNING POSTPROCESSOR :: [f5973b2] /downloads/completed/TV/Making Itxxxxxx: Processing failed: This show isn't in your list, you need to add it before post-processing an episode

What's weirder is if I do a manual search, it can't find anything, yet if I search myself, I can find the episodes. Odd

This sounds like an issue with Medusa rather than the docker container per se.  I'd try their forums/guthub