[Support] Linuxserver.io - Medusa

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys.. as the sicrage software is looking rather dead after all these years and medusa looks like the new "SR" is there a easy way to transfer the config from SR to medusa?

I did it the hard way... build from scratch and added all the shows again. But so far the medusa looks better than sicrage so im still happy:-)

Edited by orlando500
  • 3 weeks later...

Not sure why, but after I updated my server to a newer version of OS and  updated Medusa when I goto add a new show the drop down for Language isn't available right when your attempting to do a search and I'm not able to search for a new show. Anybody else seeing this and is there a way to fix this? I have no intentions of changing the Language, but it seems to be missing and when I click next or Add Show it acts as if there is nothing to search for since it never performed a search. 

I oringinally deleted the Docker and re-installed it which appeared to fix it, but I had to go thru the task of adding back shows, which takes forever. Now all of the sudden its doing it again. The only thing I changed was enabling the Post Processing, but I've restarted the docker, and lord knows what else attempting to figure out why I can't add more shows. 

Capture.JPG

******************************************update************************************

I switched to Safari and it works just fine. Now I'm really confused. I tried to use Chrome and IE 11 and it wouldn't allow me to search/add new shows. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everybody,

I have installed Medusa because I thought it might be nice to try something different, and because Sonarr has started to present some issues for me.    Early look, impressed with the modern look and  layout,  few glitches here and there  but In general very good potential for this app. I was able to import my Tv Shows.

FYI: If you have periods in any of your folder names it will not find that show.   I still can't seem to get the downloads to start automatically and have  have no idea why.  It snatches them but nothing happens.  I did start one manually and the auto processing renamed and moved the file without issue. If the developers keep working on this it could become a leading app. So far good job guys!

• 2 months later...

Hi guys,

Happy holidays! Medusa is having trouble adding an existing show. It goes through all the steps successfully, finds show entry in TVDB, starts loading show info and then it disappears from the show list.

Here what I see in the log:

2018-12-24 12:58:18 INFO SHOWQUEUE-ADD :: [d6eb72d] Setting all previously aired episodes to the specified status: Skipped

2018-12-24 12:58:17 INFO SHOWQUEUE-ADD :: [d6eb72d] 356285: Unable to find the show in the database

2018-12-24 12:58:17 INFO SHOWQUEUE-ADD :: [d6eb72d] TVDBv2: {u'session': <medusa.session.core.MedusaSession object at 0x149bf82e32d0>, u'cache': u'/config/cache/indexers/TVDBv2', u'language': u'ru', u'use_zip': True, u'proxy': u'[IP address removed]:8118'}

2018-12-24 12:58:17 INFO SHOWQUEUE-ADD :: [d6eb72d] Starting to add show by ShowDir: /tv/TV Series/������ ����������������

2018-12-24 12:57:47 WARNING APIv2-Thread_17 :: [d6eb72d] Config patch ignored {u'showDefaults': {u'subtitles': False}}

2018-12-24 12:57:13 INFO APIv2-Thread_14 :: [d6eb72d] Error searching for show: Show search failed in getting a result with reason: HTTPError 404 Client Error: Not Found for url: https://api.thetvdb.com/search/series?name=год+культуры

The show is in Russian, that's why folder name looks weird. But it doesn't matter since it behaved the same way when it was in English. Here is the show entry on the TVDB website: https://www.thetvdb.com/series/god-kultury

Any ideas?

Thanks!

5 minutes ago, ashman70 said:

Couple of questions:

Are you up to date on Medusa?

Are you allowing the Russian language and subtitles?

From the error it looks like the TVDB is having trouble finding or adding the show, have you tried a different option when adding the show?

Yes, I'm up to date. As far as allowing the Russian language, I wasn't aware that I can allow/  disallow specific languages. It least it shows as an option for me (see attached). Where do I check?

medusa.jpg

• 1 month later...

From time to time I go through my shows in Medusa to make sure an episode has not been missed, and from time to time I find that a few have. Today is the first time in quite awhile that I have found over half a dozen episodes that have been missed for different shows, some episodes going back months. I am trying to understand why this is happening. When I click manual search for the missing episode, it finds plenty in the chosen resolution, in my case 720p, so I am not sure why they aren't being downloaded. I am very careful about scene names, take for example a show called Power, it is called Power.2014 so I have the edited into the show under scene exceptions, and I do this for most of my shows if they have more than one word in their name.  However this does not seem to have helped as an episode of Power got missed. Often I will find that in Medusa it says that an episode was 'snatched' but when I check I don't have it. I supposed it's possible there was an error downloading it but I wonder why if that was the case another attempt was not made, perhaps there is a setting I am missing? I have attached a few screen shots to illustrate what I am talking about. Even an episode of Vikings was missing, don't know why. I am running the latest version of Medusa on unRAID 6.6.1

Screen Shot 2019-02-10 at 9.15.01 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-10 at 9.47.14 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-10 at 9.48.24 AM.png

26 minutes ago, ashman70 said:

From time to time I go through my shows in Medusa to make sure an episode has not been missed, and from time to time I find that a few have. Today is the first time in quite awhile that I have found over half a dozen episodes that have been missed for different shows, some episodes going back months. I am trying to understand why this is happening. When I click manual search for the missing episode, it finds plenty in the chosen resolution, in my case 720p, so I am not sure why they aren't being downloaded. I am very careful about scene names, take for example a show called Power, it is called Power.2014 so I have the edited into the show under scene exceptions, and I do this for most of my shows if they have more than one word in their name.  However this does not seem to have helped as an episode of Power got missed. Often I will find that in Medusa it says that an episode was 'snatched' but when I check I don't have it. I supposed it's possible there was an error downloading it but I wonder why if that was the case another attempt was not made, perhaps there is a setting I am missing? I have attached a few screen shots to illustrate what I am talking about. Even an episode of Vikings was missing, don't know why. I am running the latest version of Medusa on unRAID 6.6.1

Screen Shot 2019-02-10 at 9.15.01 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-10 at 9.47.14 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-10 at 9.48.24 AM.png

This is something you'd have to ask the Medusa team, I genuinely don't think any of this could be attributed to the docker container environment.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys. I've had Medusa running for several months now and it works great apart from recently i've been seeing a prompt at the top of the page within that my docker image is out of date. 

I've removed the container, deleted the image and tried rebuilding but i keep getting the message. Any ideas?

rbdun7.jpg

vxdkt3.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I just updated to the latest version of Medusa and it seems broken. I have tried rolling back to version 27 but that seems broken too.  I just get endless lines of this in the log:

self.airdate_offset = int(sql_results[0]['airdate_offset'])
KeyError: u'airdate_offset'
2019-03-14 21:10:27 ERROR MAIN :: [918cfe7] There was an error creating the show in /tv/Shrill: Exception generated: u'airdate_offset'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/app/medusa/medusa/__main__.py", line 2122, in load_shows_from_db
cur_show = Series(sql_show['indexer'], sql_show['indexer_id'])
File "/app/medusa/medusa/tv/series.py", line 245, in __init__
self._load_from_db()
File "/app/medusa/medusa/tv/series.py", line 1493, in _load_from_db
2019-03-14 21:10:27 ERROR MAIN :: [918cfe7] There was an error creating the show in /tv/Sex Education: Exception generated: u'airdate_offset'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/app/medusa/medusa/__main__.py", line 2122, in load_shows_from_db
cur_show = Series(sql_show['indexer'], sql_show['indexer_id'])
File "/app/medusa/medusa/tv/series.py", line 245, in __init__
self._load_from_db()
File "/app/medusa/medusa/tv/series.py", line 1493, in _load_from_db
2019-03-14 21:10:27 ERROR MAIN :: [918cfe7] There was an error creating the show in /tv/The Kids Are Alright: Exception generated: u'airdate_offset'

• 3 months later...

Anyone else experience memory leakage? I've had two instances now, half a year apart, of Medusa eating up all available system memory, prompting me to restart it to restore system functionality.

Can I limit the containers memory usage, or is this a known bug? Cheers.

• 4 weeks later...