[Support] Linuxserver.io - Ombi

1 hour ago, tidusjar said:

I think it’s just they have enforced the use of App Passwords for this sort of thing 

Depends. I've seen several instances where they broke, but all of my normal single password instances are still running (for now). I assume it will catch everyone eventually.

Ombi noobie requires a little help. All docker apps up to date as of today

details ...

- Unraid V6.9.2

- Plex 

-  Jackett, Radarr , Sonarr, deluge, handbrake all set up and working perfectly

- OMBI  80% confogured - email, Conencted to plex server, imported plex users connected to plex server

- Ombi website properly setup and punched thru my firewall for remote access to OMBI site

issue ... cannot add Sonarr and radarr PVR to Ombi...

I have searched hi and low on the net reviewed all kinds of videos and cannot set this up.

I cannot find the API settings in PLex under Dashboard advanced view so in the OMBI setup screen for Sonarr & Radaar API, I am trying to add the Jackett API as that is the only API key I can find.

Can anynone tell me how to get the API Key settings to show up under dashboards in Plex. This way I can add a custom API key for OMBI in Plex.

any suggestions ... thanks,

E

On 6/4/2022 at 11:59 AM, E-ManN said:

Ombi noobie requires a little help. All docker apps up to date as of today

details ...

- Unraid V6.9.2

- Plex 

-  Jackett, Radarr , Sonarr, deluge, handbrake all set up and working perfectly

- OMBI  80% confogured - email, Conencted to plex server, imported plex users connected to plex server

- Ombi website properly setup and punched thru my firewall for remote access to OMBI site

issue ... cannot add Sonarr and radarr PVR to Ombi...

I have searched hi and low on the net reviewed all kinds of videos and cannot set this up.

I cannot find the API settings in PLex under Dashboard advanced view so in the OMBI setup screen for Sonarr & Radaar API, I am trying to add the Jackett API as that is the only API key I can find.

Can anynone tell me how to get the API Key settings to show up under dashboards in Plex. This way I can add a custom API key for OMBI in Plex.

any suggestions ... thanks,

E

for those of you looking on my behalf please stop. Your efforts are much appreciated.

Got it working.  Found the API keys in sonarr & radarr in the  ...

Settings | General | Security | API  field .. just copied and pasted this key into OMBI.

AH-duh !  Searching all this time and did not see this info anywhere on the web.  Guess because I was searching for OMBI and PLex  API... should have searched for Radarr and Sonarr API. Maybe then I would have seen this option and could have saved myself 2 days of suffering from whitepapers rigomortis.  🙂

Weird place to put it, in the General Tab... nevertheless happy as a pig in mud now.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/3/2022 at 7:42 PM, JonathanM said:

Depends. I've seen several instances where they broke, but all of my normal single password instances are still running (for now). I assume it will catch everyone eventually.

Yep - not working anymore. 

Anyone got it working?

If "Yes" - how? ;-) 

19 minutes ago, elcapitano said:

Yep - not working anymore. 

Anyone got it working?

If "Yes" - how? ;-) 

Still working for me - just sent a test mail from Ombi.  I'll describe what I have, but if it's what everybody else does then apologies (maybe I'm lucky)...

End of last year set up an "App Password" in Gmail - https://myaccount.google.com/apppasswords

Created one for Mail with a custom name of Unraid and used it for all dockers that want to send mail.  The password it gives you can replace the regular password you've currently got and all should work.

I can't remember what the password is or whether I logged it anywhere for re-use.  That's not a problem though, since you can just create a new one.

31 minutes ago, Cessquill said:

Still working for me - just sent a test mail from Ombi.  I'll describe what I have, but if it's what everybody else does then apologies (maybe I'm lucky)...

End of last year set up an "App Password" in Gmail - https://myaccount.google.com/apppasswords

Created one for Mail with a custom name of Unraid and used it for all dockers that want to send mail.  The password it gives you can replace the regular password you've currently got and all should work.

I can't remember what the password is or whether I logged it anywhere for re-use.  That's not a problem though, since you can just create a new one.

Perfect - thanks, this worked 🙂 

HI Guys,

lots of docker update this morning on my URAID SErver in lncluding OMBI, Plex, Sonarr & radarr.  I updated all and now OMBI keeps getting stuck at the setup Wizard.  Not sure what is going on here as prior to the updates OMBI was setup and working.  When I try to launch the OMBI GUI it quickly displays the OMBI LOGON screen before going into the wizard .... no matter what I enter in the wizard it keeps looping back to the starting page of the wizard.

I've searched the NET but have not seen a sloution to fix this.  I would really hate to have to start all over from scratch as my OMBI server has a maria DB server backed ... lots of work to start all over again.

- Plex version V# 4.76.1

- Sonarr V# 3.0.8.1507

- Radaar V# 4.1.0.6175

- OMBI V# 54d8..f74a   - not entirely sure as I cannot luanch it ... this version # I grabbed from the update e-mail alert from my UNRAID server

- MARIA DB V# MySQL version: 5.5.5-10.5.16-MariaDB-log

any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

thanks,

E

Edited by E-ManN
2 minutes ago, E-ManN said:

HI Guys,

lots of docker update this morning on my URAID SErver in lncluding OMBI, Plex, Sonarr & radarr.  I updated all and now OMBI keeps gettign stuck at the setup Wizard.  Not sure what is going on here as prior to the updates OMBI was setup and working.  When I try to launch the OMBI GUII is quikyl displays the OMBI LOGON screen before going into the wizard .... nto matter what I enter in the wizard it keeps looping back to the starting page of the wizard.

I've searched the NET but have not seen a sloution to fix this.  I woul really hate to have to start all over from scratch as my OMBI server has a maria DB server backed ... lots of work to start all over again.

- Plex version V# 4.76.1

- Sonarr V# 3.0.8.1507

- Radaar V# 4.1.0.6175

- OMBI V# 54d8..f74a   - not entirely sure as I cannot luanch it ... this version # I grabbed from the update e-mail alert from my UNRAID server

- MARIA DB V# MySQL version: 5.5.5-10.5.16-MariaDB-log

any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

thanks,

E

are you sure Ombi is looking at the correct MySQL database? Maybe jump on the Ombi support discord. Might be easier to help there 

1 hour ago, tidusjar said:

are you sure Ombi is looking at the correct MySQL database? Maybe jump on the Ombi support discord. Might be easier to help there 

good question ... thanks for the sugggestion ...just checked and I still have the database.json file in the OMBI appdata folder.  It is correctly pointing to my UNRAID server IP and has the DB credentials set properly to talk to the OMBI DB on the maria DB server.

The DB is still in maria DB server and all the tables appear to still be there.  

I tried ...

- clearing we browser cache.

- Different PC. 

- removed the .DB files in the OMBI appdata folder and restarted the container. 

- Tried using tags to point back to the last 2 version tags. 

All with the same result.  Logon screen flashes fast then it goes into a endless Wizard of death (WOD).  Forgot to add that it complains about not being able to autheticate with my Plex server, and when I try to create my standard local admin account for ombi, it say it's already there.  If I ty  to create a new local admin user account I get it complaining about "you need to setup a e-mail account" or something like that.

The more I search the web the more I find that this has happened before with previous version upgrades. Exact same issues. I saw a post that it had been fixed but that was on linux forum, not UNRAID.

I appear to be  @ the mercy of template masters to release a new docker image with a fix.

I've put all my settings back to what they were.  I'll have to decompress and think some more.

I only had the thing running for a couple weeks and was quite impressed and loved it. It's been a bad week. My media request server on the fritz .... my DJI drone messed up due to Tarif trade wars between China and US,  US removing and disabling the DJI Fly app on Google play used to fly my drone: somewhat band-aided with a workaround but that too was a pain .... what next ?

Edited by E-ManN
On 6/20/2022 at 8:37 PM, E-ManN said:

I tried ...

- clearing we browser cache.

- Different PC. 

- removed the .DB files in the OMBI appdata folder and restarted the container. 

- Tried using tags to point back to the last 2 version tags. 

All with the same result.  Logon screen flashes fast then it goes into a endless Wizard of death (WOD).  Forgot to add that it complains about not being able to autheticate with my Plex server, and when I try to create my standard local admin account for ombi, it say it's already there.  If I ty  to create a new local admin user account I get it complaining about "you need to setup a e-mail account" or something like that.

The more I search the web the more I find that this has happened before with previous version upgrades. Exact same issues. I saw a post that it had been fixed but that was on linux forum, not UNRAID.

I appear to be  @ the mercy of template masters to release a new docker image with a fix.

I've put all my settings back to what they were.  I'll have to decompress and think some more.

I only had the thing running for a couple weeks and was quite impressed and loved it. It's been a bad week. My media request server on the fritz .... my DJI drone messed up due to Tarif trade wars between China and US,  US removing and disabling the DJI Fly app on Google play used to fly my drone: somewhat band-aided with a workaround but that too was a pain .... what next ?

opened a ticket with OMBI ghithub.  Thank you ghithub for all your support and thank you too, to the creators of all this open source knowing that this is a passionate hobby you do in you spare time and share with us.  🙂

To make a long story short I ended up re-doing just about everything ....

I was able to get ombi.db on maria DB server under MYSQL

I was not able to get my OmbiExternal.db & OmbiSettings.db to run on mariaDB server under MYSQL

details  of my hack and slash methods ...

I’m not a DB or linux guy … my speciality is Windows, Windows AD & VMWare vShpere 7 administration & configuration and the support of VMs running on it. So please forgive me for this hack and slash method, but I am learning some stuff here. 🙂

I ended up redoing most of my setup.  I got it working now but config is same as before.  I was not able to get the ombi DBs à OmbiExternal.db & OmbiSettings.db to work on Maria DB server. The ombi DB is the only DB I have working on maria DB and the other 2 DBs remain in the UNRAID /appdata/ombi folder.

If your curious this is what I tried … all these steps did not work as when I tried to launch the mgmt. GUI for OMBI it timed out.

·         Renamed my OMBI DB on my maria DB server to OMBI-old

·         On Maria DB using adminer docker app to connect to the DB on Maria DB server, Under privileges for users ran SQL command à drop user ombi (to delete OMBI local account) .. for the life of me could not figure out how to drop the user from the Adminer GUI.  Lol J

·         Created the new Ombi DB on the maria server using adminer GUI

·         Created a new local db user called ombi & gave it full privs and grant rights to Ombi DB using Adminer GUI UNRAID Docker

·         I then created  OmbiExternal.db  & OmbiSettings.db DBs on maria DB server using Adminer GUI UNRAID Docker (so all 3 were MYSQL DBs)

·         For the life of me again I did not know how to grant local db user ombi access to the other 2 databases so then I did from SQL command prompt in the user privs section using Adminer docker GUI

o   GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `Ombi_Settings`.* TO 'ombi'@'%' WITH GRANT OPTION

o   GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `Ombi_External`.* TO 'ombi'@'%' WITH GRANT OPTION

·         Then In the GUI I ensured all 3 DBs had local DB user ombi with full rights and grant perms

·         Uninstalled OMBI and removed the image on unraid server

·         RE-installed OMBI

·         Launced OMBI to make sure it could connect to the local website … but stopped at the 1st page of the wizard screen

·         Stopped OMBI container.

Now according to this article …

https://docs.ombi.app/info/alternate-databases/#create-database-and-user

I tried putting all 3 DBs on the maria server into 1 ombi DB with this database.json file … (please excuse any syntax errors with my copy and paste as I am a little bug eyed at the time of this writing.)

{

"OmbiDatabase": {

"Type":"MySQL",

"ConnectionString":"MY-Server-IP;Port=3306;Database=Ombi;User=ombi;Password=MyPassword"

},

"SettingsDatabase": {

"ConnectionString":" MY-Server-IP;Port=3306;Database=Ombi;User=ombi;Password= MyPassword "

},

"ExternalDatabase": {

"ConnectionString":" MY-Server-IP;Port=3306;Database=Ombi;User=ombi;Password= MyPassword "

}

}

Did not work … so then I tried putting the 3 obi DBs on the Maria DB server with 3 different DBs and 3 different OMBI  db local accounts … create local db users ombi2 & ombi3 and all 3 accounts respective full access and grant privs to their respective DBs.  This was the databae.json file I used with this setup.

{

},

"ConnectionString":" MY-Server-IP;Port=3306;Database= Ombi_Settings;User=ombi2;Password= MyPassword "

},

"ConnectionString":" MY-Server-IP;Port=3306;Database= Ombi_External;User=ombi3;Password= MyPassword "

}

}

This didn’t work either .. so I tried another method where 3 DBs on maria DB server but  with 1 local db user ombi full access & grant privs to all 3 DBs. This is the database. Json file I used for this setup

{

},

"ConnectionString":" MY-Server-IP;Port=3306;Database= Ombi_Settings;User=ombi;Password= MyPassword "

},

"ConnectionString":" MY-Server-IP;Port=3306;Database= Ombi_External;User=ombi;Password= MyPassword "

}

}

So finally I went back to my original config … ombi db on maria DB server using MYSQL .. the other 2 dbs in UNRAID /appdat/ombi folder using SQLite …

{

"ConnectionString":"Server=MY-Server-IP;Port=3306;Database=Ombi;User=ombi;Password=MYPasword"

},

"Type":"sqlite",

"ConnectionString":"Data Source=Settings.db"

},

"Type":"sqlite",

"ConnectionString":"Data Source=External.db"

}

}

This last one worked … back to my original config.

I ran thru the wizard and set up OMBI again. Had to redo almost all my OMBI settings including sonaar & radaar.

It’s back up and working.  Just one last issue to fix.  For some reason after movie request has been approved it no longer goes into radarr (radaar and OMBI both version 4, but seeing errors in OMBI log referencing radaar movies calling API Ver 3 ???   not sure why or if this is normal) …. Checked all the settings and tested connectivity from OMBI to radar .. successful.  

Sonarr works as expected .. no issues with sonaar. 

I will continue to dig deep on that … perhaps fixed in the next update of Radaar.   🙂

not sure if this will help any of you but wanted to share as you all have shared so much.  I have been using UNRAID for a little under a year now and thanks to this forum I feel I am reaching a comfortable level of being  a UNRAID admin.

thanks all,

E

Edited by E-ManN
password in file oops
21 hours ago, tidusjar said:

As I mentioned previous I wouldn’t recommend running Ombi with different databases. But that’s your choice. 

regard radarr, check your log file, ensure you have enabled it in the settings and ensure you have set a default availability

thanks tidusjar ... that was it ... in OMBI radaar settings I set the default availability to "in cinemas" ... working now.  🙂

as for the DB setup ... I'll try again to get the other 2 OMBI DBs on the Maria DB server.  

Has anyone got all 3 of thier OMB DBs running on maria DB server under MYSQL .. if so I would like to pick your brains on the setup.

thanks,

E

Edited by E-ManN
38 minutes ago, E-ManN said:

thanks tidusjar ... that was it ... in OMBI radaar settings I set the default availability to "in cinemas" ... working now.  🙂

as for the DB setup ... I'll try again to get the other 2 OMBI DBs on the Maria DB server.  

Has anyone got all 3 of thier OMB DBs running on maria DB server under MYSQL .. if so I would like to pick your brains on the setup.

thanks,

E

All users that are running a MySQL setup that i've spoken to are running all three databases under MySQL and not a split.

The migration guide only really will migrate you from all 3 SQLite databases to MySQL and not just two. It might be worth reaching out on the Ombi discord.

8 hours ago, tidusjar said:

All users that are running a MySQL setup that i've spoken to are running all three databases under MySQL and not a split.

The migration guide only really will migrate you from all 3 SQLite databases to MySQL and not just two. It might be worth reaching out on the Ombi discord.

OK ... so I am taking another stab at this .... following these instuctions on my UNRAID server, the linux steps from UNRAID console session.

https://docs.ombi.app/guides/migrating-databases/#2-download-script-and-install-dependencies

1) Completed ... installed Python using nerd pack ... enabled version 3 of python, PIP and Python tools.

2) Downloaded the scripts and saved them in a UNRAID Share called Test. Extracted the files with ...

- git clone https://github.com/vsc55/ombi_sqlite_mysql.git ombi_sqlite_mysql

- cd ombi_sqlite_mysql

- chmod +x *.py

3) Stopped OMBI UNRAID Docker container ...

Create or Modify database.json to use mysql (all 3dbs into 1 OMBI DB on maria DB server) ...

{
        "ConnectionString":"MyServerIP;Port=3306;Database=Ombi;User=ombi;Password=MyPassword"
    },
       "ConnectionString":"MyServerIP;Port=3306;Database=Ombi;User=ombi;Password=MyPassword"
    },
    }
}

on my UNRAID server console session cd to ....

/mnt/user/Test/ombi_sqlite_mysql

and ran ...

python ombi_sqlite2mysql.py -c /etc/Ombi --only_db_json --host MyServerIP --db Ombi --user ombi --passwd MyPassword

getting a bash error  ...

"bash: python: command not found"

any ideas ?   do I need to reboot my UNRAID server for the Python nerd tools enablig of python and PIP to take effect ?

thanks,

E

1 hour ago, E-ManN said:

getting a bash error  ...

"bash: python: command not found"

any ideas ?   do I need to reboot my UNRAID server for the Python nerd tools enablig of python and PIP to take effect ?

See here: https://docs.ombi.app/guides/migrating-databases/#6-faq

Make sure you install python3.  Then use python3 instead of python.  The docker container probably doesn't have a link since its designed to be small.

As an aside, I followed these steps and was able to get mysql running fine with all three databases.  I found that when I created a backup, the Unraid backup process made Ombi mad.  Everything worked fine until the backup was run and the containers were restarted.  I'm now running into issues that are documented here: https://github.com/Ombi-app/Ombi/issues/3416. I removed the sqlite databases and restarting the container but since I've migrated, it doesn't really help me.  Any suggestions?

Edited by snusnu1987

I played around with it.  What happened was the OmbiSettings.db and OmbiExternal.db did not make it over.  Not sure what happened but when I ran the scripts, migration.json did not get updated to include those two databases.  I modified the json scripts to include the two databases and reran the python script and restarted the container.  That fixed everything.  Since the script created the json file I neglected to check it.  Whoops.

1 hour ago, snusnu1987 said:

I played around with it.  What happened was the OmbiSettings.db and OmbiExternal.db did not make it over.  Not sure what happened but when I ran the scripts, migration.json did not get updated to include those two databases.  I modified the json scripts to include the two databases and reran the python script and restarted the container.  That fixed everything.  Since the script created the json file I neglected to check it.  Whoops.

Thanks for the reply snusnu ... I finally got to run the script ... the command is "phython3" ... not "pyhton".

So from the UNRAID server console in the Test share (I aslo tried copying the script to the /appdata/ombi folder and running it there - same error)....

python3 ombi_sqlite2mysql.py -c /etc/Ombi --force --host MYServerIP --db Ombi --user ombi --passwd MyPassword

or

python3 ombi_sqlite2mysql.py -c /etc/Ombi --only_db_json --host MYServerIP --db Ombi --user ombi --passwd MyPassword

now calls python 3, but now I am getting  error ...

Error load MySQLdb, check if MySQLdb is installed!

I am trying to figure out how to install the MYSQL client on my UNRAID server ...google eveyhwere and Community app seems to only have the full DB server version. I seem to only be seeing the MYSQL DB, which I Do not want to install the entire DB if posssibe.

any suggestions ?

Edited by E-ManN
  • Thanks 1
35 minutes ago, E-ManN said:

python3 ombi_sqlite2mysql.py -c /etc/Ombi --force --host MYServerIP --db Ombi --user ombi --passwd MyPassword

now calls python 3, but now I am getting  error ...

Error load MySQLdb, check if MySQLdb is installed!

To confirm, how are you accessing the docker?  Through Docker Container by clicking the icon and hitting ">_ Console"?

If so, see the FAQ.  Under "P: How do I migrate if I'm using docker?" section, it tells you to run the command apt update; apt install python3 python3-mysqldb -y;.  You may also need to install python3-packaging.

35 minutes ago, E-ManN said:

I am trying to figure out how to install the MYSQL client on my UNRAID server ...google eveyhwere and Community app seems to only have the full DB server version. I seem to only be seeing the MYSQL DB, which I Do not want to install the entire DB if posssibe.

any suggestions ?

I don't understand.  Your python script states "--host MYServerIP".  Is mariadb installed on the MYServerIP? 

Make sure you tweak migration.json as well otherwise your Ombi instance will be unusable like mine was once the container is restarted.

To confirm, how are you accessing the docker?  Through Docker Container by clicking the icon and hitting ">_ Console"?

If so, see the FAQ.  Under "P: How do I migrate if I'm using docker?" section, it tells you to run the command apt update; apt install python3 python3-mysqldb -y;.  You may also need to install python3-packaging.

I don't understand.  Your python script states "--host MYServerIP".  Is mariadb installed on the MYServerIP? 

Make sure you tweak migration.json as well otherwise your Ombi instance will be unusable like mine was once the container is restarted.

from the main dashboard ... clicking on the console button\terminal  ">_" on the top right 

none of the apt or apt-get commands work.

yes MYServerIP is the ip @ of MY unraid server running maria DB ie\ 192.169.x.x   ... and MyPassword is the ombi user password for the OMBI local DB user ombi attached to Ombi DB on the Maria DB server with full privs and grant rights.

I try not to put IP and passwords in posts.  ;-)

thanks,

E

40 minutes ago, E-ManN said:

from the main dashboard ... clicking on the console button\terminal  ">_" on the top right 

yes MYServerIP is the ip @ of MY unraid server running maria DB ie\ 192.169.x.x   ... and MyPassword is the ombi user password for the OMBI local DB user ombi attached to Ombi DB on the Maria DB server with full privs and grant rights.

I try not to put IP and passwords in posts.  ;-)

thanks,

E

I have putty ... I can do a console session thru putty if that helps.  I've tested a longon session with putty and it works.

thanks,

E

2 hours ago, E-ManN said:

Right. So all you're installing is the mysqldb plugin for python3, not the full mysql server onto your container. 

2 hours ago, E-ManN said:

It sounds like you're in the Unraid server, not the container.  Here's a picture of where you need to go. 

image.png.66d453f79d26c9c3aba67ab97bc31e3c.png

Edited by snusnu1987

Right. So all you're installing is the mysqldb plugin for python3, not the full mysql server onto your container.  I'll let someone else chime in, but the apt commands should work from the container. 

correct .. I am trying to install the mysqldb plugin for python3, not the full version onto my unraid server so I can run the 1st script.

on another note ...

when I try this command from console pormpt ...

docker exec ombi bash ... i get this error ...
Error response from daemon: Container 804e13957ee046a446df83c51e0fd841820e8ef93d14f4298f6db61abe5115d3 is not running

OR

sudo docker exec ombi bash ... i get this error
Error response from daemon: Container 804e13957ee046a446df83c51e0fd841820e8ef93d14f4298f6db61abe5115d3 is not running

I'm not sure why they are calling ombi as the ombi container is currently shutdown for this DB transfer as per the instructions.

wow for a sys admin\analyst I  am finding this buildbooks\white papers extremley difficult to follow and requires a lot of intuitive linux knowledge.... not for a noobie. The document jumps all over the place and I had to assume or hypothesize alot of where\when to run commands and how  (quite a few of the commands did not wok on UNRAID terminal cosole). I was not even aware there was a docker P: section at the bottom of the doc as I was just folling the linux intstructions at the top and working my way down .... perhaps they should have had linux | windows |docker | unraid tab in the white paper in the link below.

https://docs.ombi.app/guides/migrating-databases/#6-faq

for now I will put my settings back to where it works ... I'll revisit this another day as I am truely frustrated & exhausted .

thanks to all that helped me.  🙂

thanks,

E

Would be nice if we had a concise UNRAID document or video for this process.