[Support] Linuxserver.io - Ombi

16 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

Using letsencrypt reverse proxy, get that setup first, after that, configuring it to proxy this is straightforward.

I was looking at that but don't know too much about it and was wondering if there was a guide. I guess I'll just mess around with it first once I find the time.

Just now, bobbintb said:

I was looking at that but don't know too much about it and was wondering if there was a guide. I guess I'll just mess around with it first once I find the time.

Once you've got a domain name and your DNS setup, then the template is pretty self-explanatory.  Problem with doing a guide is the domain name and DNS setup are the awkward bits and it varies from supplier to supplier in terms of how you accomplish this exactly.

12 hours ago, jrdnlc said:

It's easy to setup. Setup teamviewer so I can remote in and help you out

Oh it will be a while before I'll have the time. I'm sure I can do it if I can just sit down and spend some time with it. It's about time I got comfortable with certificates anyway but I'll definitely hit you up if it comes to that. Thanks.

2 hours ago, bobbintb said:

I think I got my letsencrypt done. I got a dynamic dns and ran the letsencrypt docker. I can go to my dns in a web browser and it show the example page and it has the green lock so that's good. How do I implement Ombi now?

Log into Ombi as the admin, go to admin => settings  => ombi configuration and change the Base URL to ombi now restart the docker container.  You will need to change the webui parameter in your docker template to http://[IP]:[PORT:3579]/ombi

Now edit /config/nginx/site-confs/default and paste in the following code, changing $UNRAID-IP to and $PORT to whatever fits your setup.

location /ombi {
        proxy_pass http://$UNRAID-IP:$PORT/ombi;
        include /config/nginx/proxy.conf;
    }

Restart letsencrypt and you should be good

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, CHBMB said:

Log into Ombi as the admin, go to admin => settings  => ombi configuration and change the Base URL to ombi now restart the docker container.  You will need to change the webui parameter in your docker template to http://[IP]:[PORT:3579]/ombi

Now edit /config/nginx/site-confs/default and paste in the following code, changing $UNRAID-IP to and $PORT to whatever fits your setup.

location /ombi {
        proxy_pass http://$UNRAID-IP:$PORT/ombi;
    }

Restart letsencrypt and you should be good

Ok, I had gleaned bits and pieces of that but didn't quit get it. Probably because it was 2am at that point. And on a work night too. I followed your instructions but I am getting this error from letsencrypt:

nginx: [emerg] "location" directive is not allowed here in /config/nginx/site-confs/default:78

EDIT: Nevermind, I had to move the code in default so that it was inside the server block. I'm trying to tweak it a bit because I don't want the base url of /ombi. I just want to use the DNS with no base URL. I should be able to figure that out on my own though. Thanks for the help.

Edited by bobbintb
30 minutes ago, bobbintb said:

I don't want the base url of /ombi. I just want to use the DNS with no base URL. 

Then just use this, without changing Base URL in th Ombi webui.

location / {
        proxy_pass http://$UNRAID-IP:$PORT;
    }

14 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

Then just use this, without changing Base URL in th Ombi webui.

location / {
        proxy_pass http://$UNRAID-IP:$PORT;
    }

Thanks, that did it. I had tried removing ombi form the location/ part but left it in the proxy_pass and buseurl of ombi but that didn't work. I also had to comment out the existing location section in default:

location / {
		try_files $uri $uri/ /index.html /index.php?$args =404;
	}

It's working now. Thanks again.

One last thing. Do I need to do anything with .htpasswd for this? I've seen mentions of it but didn't seem to need it. Is that a security issue?

Edited by bobbintb
Just now, CHBMB said:

Personally as it locks into the Plex auth I'd leave it at that.

Ok. I only plan on exposing Ombi anyway. I was hoping I'd get a little more familiar with certs with this but letsencrypt is so automated. I have to deal with certs for my servers at work and it's not my thing. But it's been a learning experience none the less. I got a little better at reverse proxies, with I'll be doing soon as well so that's good. I'm really liking Ombi so far. I never got into setting up any of the older solutions like Plex Requests because I just didn't really like the layout. It just felt clunky.

You create a .htpasswd file with username and passwords, using a site like this is the easiest way.  Then you can password protect access.

Like so:

location ^~ /books {
		proxy_pass http://192.168.0.1:82/;
		auth_basic "Restricted";
      		auth_basic_user_file /config/nginx/.htpasswd;
	}

The two middle lines are the bits appertaining to .htpasswd

Edited by CHBMB
30 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

You create a .htpasswd file with username and passwords, using a site like this is the easiest way.  Then you can password protect access.

Like so:

location ^~ /books {
		proxy_pass http://192.168.0.1:82/;
		auth_basic "Restricted";
      		auth_basic_user_file /config/nginx/.htpasswd;
	}

The two middle lines are the bits appertaining to .htpasswd

Oh, so it adds a basic auth login to webuis that don't have one?

I just thought I'd share something. No endorsement implied but I found two websites were you can automatically create an app out of a website. If you make your Ombi publicly available (making sure you secure it, of course) you can very easily create an app for your friends and family to use for making Plex requests. The sites are appsgeyser.com and gonative.io. I get a message every once in a while with the gonative.io app when I open it informing me that it cannot be published without licensing. That can be a little annoying but can be turned off in the Android settings. The appsgeyser one doesn't seem to save cookies even though the option is on so users have to log in every time. That might be fixable but I haven't tried. You can change the icon and splash screen from the default and use whatever image you like. I just used the Ombi logo from the site. Both sites are free to use.

Edited by bobbintb
  • Upvote 1
38 minutes ago, bobbintb said:

I just thought I'd share something. No endorsement implied but I found two websites were you can automatically create an app out of a website. If you make your Ombi publicly available (making sure you secure it, of course) you can very easily create an app for your friends and family to use for making Plex requests. The sites are appsgeyser.com and gonative.io. I get a message every once in a while with the gonative.io app when I open it informing me that it cannot be published without licensing. That can be a little annoying but can be turned off in the Android settings. The appsgeyser one doesn't seem to save cookies even though the option is on so users have to log in every time. That might be fixable but I haven't tried. You can change the icon and splash screen from the default and use whatever image you like. I just used the Ombi logo from the site. Both sites are free to use.

Nice, got to say, I'm impressed.

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, ziggie216 said:

Anyone using their plex credential to login? Are you able to request for a movie / tv show? I keep getting "Sorry, you do not have the correct permissions to request a <movie / tv show>" error message. Not sure if it's related to this release or general issue.

I'm not having any issues. I hate to state the obvious but are you using the right username and password? 

• 2 weeks later...

I always have that login issue, but logging in as the default user admin works fine.  

Any idea how to set the default branch to early access? The docker image update keeps resetting me to the default branch and I have to update manually again inside the ombi admin panel.