[Support] Linuxserver.io - Ombi

I've gone through and set v3 up, and I'm having a problem.  Asking here first since Google doesn't return much (which makes me ponder docker issue - probably illogically).

Problem: Newsletter Cron settings

Actions: Setup, System, Jobs - the Newsletter Cron box is empty, red and has "The Newsletter is required" underneath.  All others are fine

According to the Wiki, it's supposed to default to 12GMT every Friday, so I've tried entering "0 0 12 ? * FRI *", but I get "CRON Expression 0 0 12 ? * FRI * is not valid".

Anybody else having a similar issue?

13 minutes ago, Cessquill said:

Thanks - 0 11 * * 5 did it (5 for Friday), although the first link also offered up FRI as an option.  I'm guessing the validation in Ombi has a simpler set of rules.

I believe there are a few different standards and syntax variations but I think the most commonly used one does not use alphabet characters. Glad you got it sorted out.

Hey guys, I had a very simple admin/password login for Ombi before and I had not accessed it in a while, noticed it updated and looks different and now it is not letting me in at all, is there a way to reset my password or an idea why it would have forgotten my simple admin/pw ?

1 minute ago, manolodf said:

Hey guys, I had a very simple admin/password login for Ombi before and I had not accessed it in a while, noticed it updated and looks different and now it is not letting me in at all, is there a way to reset my password or an idea why it would have forgotten my simple admin/pw ?

On 4/3/2018 at 3:49 PM, bobbintb said:

Ombi has been completely rewritten with v3 and a new setup is needed. Not sure how you missed that one. We've been talking about it for the last few pages.

As mentioned, start from scratch with your Plex username/password.  If you're stuck, I guess you can remove the docker and ombi appdata folder and start again, since it does all need setting up from the wizard onwards anyhow.

Oh Well I nuked it and re-launched, one issue I am having though after getting setup is that Requests are being Auto Approved, which is strange because the user that requested it does not have Auto Approve set at all, I cannot find any global auto approve.  I have gone through and made sure that everything is just Request permissions  yet for some reason they added and it approved it automatically. 

Edited by manolodf
1 hour ago, manolodf said:

Oh Well I nuked it and re-launched, one issue I am having though after getting setup is that Requests are being Auto Approved, which is strange because the user that requested it does not have Auto Approve set at all, I cannot find any global auto approve.  I have gone through and made sure that everything is just Request permissions  yet for some reason they added and it approved it automatically. 

You should perhaps ask in the ombi forums or discord. Mine requires approval from admin

Hi,

I'm having an issue with the newsletter. The cron looks to be fine, and if I manually send it it works. Unfortunately it doesn't send it automatically.

My cron expression is 0 17 * * 5, so if I press test it shows the correct dates when the email should be sent, but so far it didn't send any.

Thank you.

44 minutes ago, andreidelait said:

Hi,

I'm having an issue with the newsletter. The cron looks to be fine, and if I manually send it it works. Unfortunately it doesn't send it automatically.

My cron expression is 0 17 * * 5, so if I press test it shows the correct dates when the email should be sent, but so far it didn't send any.

Thank you.

Doesn't help, but mine was supposed to go yesterday, and didn't. Went last week though, a test one sends and the dates are right on the Cron test. Don't know whether an update has broken it.

I can not get my Ombi docker to connect to my Plex docker by any means.  If I run "Add Server" wizard, it adds Plex using the docker IP (172.17.0.x) but it can't connect to it.  I've tried inputting the local IP of the server (10.10.0.x) and localhost to no avail.  I've tried all these IPs/hostnames with both the locally accessible port (32400) and my manually defined external port.  I've tried via SSL and not via SSL (though I require secure connections).

I'm not sure where to go from here.

42 minutes ago, IamSpartacus said:

I can not get my Ombi docker to connect to my Plex docker by any means.  If I run "Add Server" wizard, it adds Plex using the docker IP (172.17.0.x) but it can't connect to it.  I've tried inputting the local IP of the server (10.10.0.x) and localhost to no avail.  I've tried all these IPs/hostnames with both the locally accessible port (32400) and my manually defined external port.  I've tried via SSL and not via SSL (though I require secure connections).

I'm not sure where to go from here.

That looks like your plex docker is not set to run as host.  

3 minutes ago, IamSpartacus said:

eCL1D1Z.png

Uninstall ombi and reinstall.   it looks like its incorrectly seeing the network information.    it detecting an 172 bridge IP is odd.  however I have mine set to the server IP internally.  your 10.0.10.xx which you said you did.

Alternative. If you have reverse proxy, put your external ip or hostname  and port in there.   I've ran that way before.

Edited by fmp4m
fixed autocorrect texting erros.
2 minutes ago, fmp4m said:

Uninstall ombi and reinstall.   it looks like its incorrectly seeing the network information.    it detecting an 172 bridge IP is odd.  however I have mine set to the server IP internally.  your 10.0.10.xx which you said you did.

Alternative. If you have reverse proxy, put your external ip or hostname  and port in there.   I've ran that way before.

Uninstall/reinstall as in completely blow away my config?  Really trying to avoid that.  I am running a reverse proxy but that should have no bearing on local connections inside my network.  

Are you using the local port 32400 or your external facing port when connecting to the local server IP?

Uninstall/reinstall as in completely blow away my config?  Really trying to avoid that.  I am running a reverse proxy but that should have no bearing on local connections inside my network.  

Are you using the local port 32400 or your external facing port when connecting to the local server IP?

I meant just ombi docker itself nuke.

But are you using your plex master account username and password on the right before clicking on load servers?

2 minutes ago, fmp4m said:

I meant just ombi docker itself nuke.

But are you using your plex master account username and password on the right before clicking on load servers?

I am.

Just blew Ombi away and re-added.  No difference.  Just not understanding why it's detecting that Plex's IP is 172.17.0.1, makes no sense since it's not bridged.

I am.

Just blew Ombi away and re-added.  No difference.  Just not understanding why it's detecting that Plex's IP is 172.17.0.1, makes no sense since it's not bridged.

I agree and that is where I am getting confused.  Can you grab a plex token manually,  add the server with 10.0.10.xx:32400 with the manual token?

https://support.plex.tv/articles/204059436-finding-an-authentication-token-x-plex-token/

6 minutes ago, IamSpartacus said:

I am.

Plex server is reporting that as its local ip. That's normal. Just change that to the host ip of your unraid in ombi settings, make sure the port is 32400 and untick ssl