Server Crashing - Out of Memory?

Over a month ago I was having issues with frequent crashes and issues on my new Unraid build.  I ended up changing out some hardware, and the issue was resolved.  I was able to have 20+ days of uptime.

Now in the last 2 weeks, I am having crash experiences again.  After the 1st 2, I started copying the contents of syslog to my boot drive in order to catch any messages that were written to the log.  It looks to be a memory issue, but would appreciate any other assistance that could be given.  2 Syslogs are attached that were running during the crash.  I have also attached diagnostics.

Last night - (1/4) I noticed it crashed around 10pm, and restarted (had to manually power down server by holding power button and restart).  Crashed again over night.  Noticed this morning on waking up.  The 1/4 and 1/5 logs are attached that show activity when it crashed.

Thank you for any help.

syslog.out.01052016.txt

syslog.out.01042016.txt

nas-diagnostics-20170105-0600.zip

Looks like your running out of memory alright. Not exactly sure what all you are trying to do in only 4GB, and it also looks like some of that is being used by video. You might see if there is some setting in your BIOS that can reduce that video memory. The unRAID console doesn't need much video.

You might also try a memtest, but maybe increasing RAM is going to be the way forward.

Thanks for taking a look...I'm not doing a lot on it...

No VMs, Only Dockers are Plex, openvpn, MySQL, No-IP, OwnCloud.

Could the video be steaming from Plex?  That is the only thing I could think of that would utilize video.

Ill try a memtest tonight, then bump up to 8 GB if needed.

What confuses me why this is popping up now.  I have not made any changes to my server in the last 6 weeks.  For 4 weeks, it ran with no issues and crashes.  Now in the last 2 weeks it has started crashing, on a more frequent basis (ran for 4 days, then 3 days, then crashed in less than 1 day).

Could the video be steaming from Plex?

What I was talking about was the amount of RAM the BIOS is giving to the onboard video. Since the normal video output from unRAID is just text the lowest amount allowed should be sufficient. If you have a BIOS setting for that then you could make that adjustment, but it won't really gain a lot.

There is a plugin called fix common problems or troubleshoot or something like that. I found that rootfs was 100% full which turned out to be low memory (1gb) with no dockers only preclear plugin as extra. I thought I was ok as the webgui said I was only using 83% of the memory but it would go for 2 sometimes 4 days before crappie out. You may want to run that plugin in troubleshooting mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk