HELP: Networking VMs to VLANs

I've got the following networks:

VKK8mVh.png

I've setup my unraid server on the homelab network as well as the home automation and WLAN VLANs [settings].  I can access the GUI no problem from all three networks and its functioning as it should (eth ports are untagged for VLAN 20 + trunked [tagged] for for 30 + 40).  The problem is that I cannot get the VMs to communicate at all. 

The two Win VMs are unable to ping anything and do not obtain DHCP IPs.  I've assigned one to the default br and one to br.30 [options].  Behavior from both is the same with no connectivity. 

What am I doing wrong?

unraid is not a router. 

When placing a VM on a VLAN, it is a single host on a single network.  Layer 2 VLANs logically separate the layer 3 subnets from subnets on the same physical device.

You need a router connect to all VLANs to route IP traffic from the VM to each other and if need be, provide DHCP services for each VLAN from a router or DHCP server.

Hope this helps

unraid is not a router. 

When placing a VM on a VLAN, it is a single host on a single network.  Layer 2 VLANs logically separate the layer 3 subnets from subnets on the same physical device.

You need a router connect to all VLANs to route IP traffic from the VM to each other and if need be, provide DHCP services for each VLAN from a router or DHCP server.

Hope this helps

The first screenshot of the networks list IS from my router.  I'm not trying to use unraid as another router.

Do you have a firewall rule allowing access between VLANs?

All cross VLAN communication is up and running.  I can access the GUI no problem from all three networks and its functioning as it should (eth ports are untagged for VLAN 20 + trunked [tagged] for for 30 + 40).  Only the guest network is islanded.

You need to add routing for the VMs by CLI if you want VMs to communicate with each other. Your router knows all networks, but the VM bridges do not know the way back.

For VM1 (VLAN 20):

ip route add 192.168.3.0/24 dev br0

For VM2 (VLAN 30):

ip route add 192.168.2.0/24 dev br0.30