[Support] binhex - Medusa

1 minute ago, witalit said:

I've answered my own question look at your Github page.. damn maybe I need to re-configure and backup config. Not sure why I am getting unknown version error.

i would ignore the unknown version error, the detection for version has always been in my experience a bit shit, not sure why but it doesnt seem to detect releases too well, you can rest assured though you are running the latest release, as you have correctly identified, at this time that is version 0.2.10.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 9/20/2018 at 5:44 AM, binhex said:

i would ignore the unknown version error, the detection for version has always been in my experience a bit shit, not sure why but it doesnt seem to detect releases too well, you can rest assured though you are running the latest release, as you have correctly identified, at this time that is version 0.2.10.

Is there any way to disable that message? I'm getting it too.

EDIT: found it.

Last question, how to configure the proxy settings? I use privoxy from PIA on the binhex-delugevpn docker container.  should i do [IP ADDRESS]:[PORT] ? all in one line?  I didn't see a port option like in binhex-sonarr.

Edited by pro9c3
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, has anyone else experienced missing RAR or other archive files when Medusa is running. I have downloaded other torrents and have noticed that they are being deleted if Medusa is running. Other files such as MP4, MKV, ISO etc aren't touched but my RAR archives get deleted. If Medusa isn't running then the files remain but as a soon as I start Medusa up again after a few minutes the RAR files are removed.

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.

1 minute ago, sv000008 said:

Hi, has anyone else experienced missing RAR or other archive files when Medusa is running. I have downloaded other torrents and have noticed that they are being deleted if Medusa is running. Other files such as MP4, MKV, ISO etc aren't touched but my RAR archives get deleted. If Medusa isn't running then the files remain but as a soon as I start Medusa up again after a few minutes the RAR files are removed.

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.

What post processing do you have running for files if any? Also which Torrent client at you using to download files? If Medusa is post processing files for you depending on settings it will delete compressed files like RAR if you set it to. 

An issue I have at the moment is Medusa loses its config after every update and its really fricking painful to keep setting it up again. 

2 minutes ago, witalit said:

What post processing do you have running for files if any? Also which Torrent client at you using to download files? If Medusa is post processing files for you depending on settings it will delete compressed files like RAR if you set it to. 

An issue I have at the moment is Medusa loses its config after every update and its really fricking painful to keep setting it up again. 

I am using the default post processing settings, no external scripts. I can't seem to see a setting the removes RAR files or other archives. I have linked an image of the settings.

Post Processing Settings

• 1 month later...

I have an issue where everytime Medusa docker upgrades I lose my entire config. I have backed it up now but its getting pretty annoying and takes away from the automated side of things. 

Any ideas? I have tried re-installing docker from clean but still happens. 

3 hours ago, witalit said:

I have an issue where everytime Medusa docker upgrades I lose my entire config. I have backed it up now but its getting pretty annoying and takes away from the automated side of things. 

Any ideas? I have tried re-installing docker from clean but still happens. 

this certainly should not be happening, i run this container myself, ok lets see where /config is located:-

open unraid web ui, click on docker tab, left click medusa and select edit, scroll down and click on the link "show more settings" this should then display the path to /config, can you paste that path here, i suspect that you have this defined on a share that is not set to cache-only and thus the mover is moving your config files to the array resulting in complete loss of config, that would be my first guess at least.

it might be useful to also screenshot your "shares" as shown in the unraid ui.

32 minutes ago, witalit said:

Hi binhex,

Here is the path from /config = /mnt/user/Dock Appdata/binhex-medusa

Here is screenshot of that DockerAppData share

AppData.PNG

it could well be the space in the share name, im not too sure whether unraid web ui for docker supports shares with spaces, you could try wrapping the path with double quotes, or better still change the share name so its doesnt have a space e.g. 'Dock-Appdata', obviously if you do change the share name then you will need to reconfigure each docker container to point at the new share name.

15 minutes ago, orlando500 said:

Hi, for some reason my medusa docker fills up docker.img with logs. i deleted 60 gb of log this morning.

Anyone got a idea why thats happening?

What do the log files contain it might give you an idea? Was it 1 60GB file or multiple files?

Need some more info.

Edited by witalit
Just now, witalit said:

What do the log files contain if might give you an idea? Was it 1 60GB file or multiple files?

Need some more info.

It was critical space left so i had to delete log files. but it was several files yes. Application logs. And thats strange to as i have limited the logs in medusa to 10 MB 1 file

Hi, for some reason my medusa docker fills up docker.img with logs. i deleted 60 gb of log this morning.
Anyone got a idea why thats happening?
I'm not sure what is going on there, I myself run app with no issues that I'm aware of, how long did it take to get to that size?

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, binhex said:

I'm not sure what is going on there, I myself run app with no issues that I'm aware of, how long did it take to get to that size?

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

Not sure, but i guess i have been adding more space to the docker.img for a while now. done it like 3-4 times before i figured out the application log. I guess i had the debug mode running in medusa for a long while so that may be it. Il monitor it. 

Hi all, I am having an issue where Medusa won't accept any username and password when trying to communicate with qbittorrent. Authentication always fails. 

Log snippet below:

2019-05-20 22:53:45 WARNING  SNATCHQUEUE-SNATCH-295648 :: [4614efc] qbittorrent: Authentication Failed

This was all working fine until my NAS died and I replaced it with a new one. I just put the drives into the new server and booted from the same USB stick.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thx guys

12 hours ago, sv000008 said:

Hi all, I am having an issue where Medusa won't accept any username and password when trying to communicate with qbittorrent. Authentication always fails. 

Log snippet below:

2019-05-20 22:53:45 WARNING  SNATCHQUEUE-SNATCH-295648 :: [4614efc] qbittorrent: Authentication Failed

This was all working fine until my NAS died and I replaced it with a new one. I just put the drives into the new server and booted from the same USB stick.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thx guys

hmm odd, not sure why it would suddenly not work, in any case i would double check the credentials in medusa and qbittorrent.

On 5/21/2019 at 11:17 AM, binhex said:

hmm odd, not sure why it would suddenly not work, in any case i would double check the credentials in medusa and qbittorrent.

I think there was something wrong with the config. I removed the config and then re-created it and everything is fine.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

For some reason all of a sudden my Medusa will not completly start up

Log shows the following

2019-06-16 01:15:32 INFO     MAIN :: [0c0a735] Broken providers found: [u'torrent9', u'newpct', u'tntvillage']
2019-06-16 01:15:41 INFO     MAIN :: [0c0a735] 12345: Unable to find the show in the database
2019-06-16 01:15:41 INFO     MAIN :: [0c0a735] 320558: Unable to find IMDb info in the database: Marvel's Inhumans
2019-06-16 01:15:41 INFO     MAIN :: [0c0a735] Starting Medusa [master] using u'/config/config.ini'
2019-06-16 01:15:41 INFO     TORNADO :: [0c0a735] Starting Medusa on http://0.0.0.0:8081/
2019-06-16 01:15:41 INFO     MAIN :: [0c0a735] Updating exception_cache and exception_season_cache
2019-06-16 01:15:41 INFO     MAIN :: [0c0a735] Finished processing 3101 scene exceptions.
2019-06-16 01:15:41 INFO     MAIN :: [0c0a735] Building internal name cache for all shows
2019-06-16 01:15:42 INFO     CHECKVERSION :: [0c0a735] Checking for updates using Docker Updater

and it sits on the CHECKVERSION line forever with never completly loading up

any suggestions on what to look for?

Thanks

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, loz678 said:

I noticed that medusa is using 11GB of my ram, after re-starting medusa it reports 230MB. Why might this be?

that sounds like a memory leak, two things you can do:-

1. post about this bug on the medusa github repo, link here:-https://github.com/pymedusa/Medusa/issues

2. restrict max memory for the container, left click icon, select edit, switch on advanced view and then set memory limit to prevent it going over a set max.